cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Officially liked by BofA - Don't know for how long but I'll take it.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Officially liked by BofA - Don't know for how long but I'll take it.

Remember how I used to complain about how BofA hated me?  Scores were good, util is 1%, no baddies, etc. but I couldn't get a nickel from BofA and everyone was getting CLI left and right? Well, I'm finally feeling the love from them.  However, I still stand behind my ranting post about the horrible no good mean ole credit analyst that I dealt with at the end of summer.  What a bozo.

Anyway, I have such a love/hate relationship with these forums. Everyone's luck with BofA gave me an itch. I've had the LUV button showing on my accounts but was refraining since I was finally able to get a CLI in October (after no luck for a very long time). I have 2 cards, with BofA. I pushed the button on both and received my first INSTANT CLI for BOTH cards. Last time I got the 5-7 maybe message (did get the increase after just a few hours, but still..).  I don't know what their criteria is, but for nearly 2 years I couldn't get a thing from them. 

Now, they *appear* to be treating me very well.  I have been working the cards with a few thousand each month and PIF, but still I'm shocked. 

Old Card. Bank Americard. Can't remember exactly but think it's from late 2005 and I'm too lazy to look.  Started as a $99/500, graduated to $1000, CLI to $2k and it sat there for close to 1 1/2-2 years with no love.  In October I requested CLI and finally got a credit analyst to push me to $5k. Today,instant CLI up to $8k.

New Card.  BofA Amex Accelerated Cash rewards something or other - October 2008:  Approved for $2k. CLI to $5k online before card arrived in mail (was told to call back to try CLI at activation, so I figured I'd press the Luv button when the card showed up in my online banking and it worked).  Today pressed luv button and bumped to $8k.

I'm not rocking the boat though. I'll sit here for a while. I asked for $8k. Wish I would have asked for more. I'd love to have a card over $10k, but something tells me that would have been overzealous and I would have been declined.

One thing I am certain of is that I did a product change in Aug/Sept-ish to the the BankAmericard Rewards from a plain jane ole mastercard. This is when they started loving me. I was suspiciious that maybe I wasn't getting any love from them initially because my card was the same basic gold visa that I was issued when I got the $99/500 - so I did the product change and voila they started showing me love.

If any of you have a secured or partially secured card that has graduated but has not been getting any love from BofA like other folks are getting, try doing a product change to a better card if you haven't already. I'd be really interested in seeing if it makes a difference for you, too.

So...don't lose hope. Even if they aren't loving you right now, they may later on. Heck, I'm one of the ones that sat with a $500 target card for 3 years and suddenly got bumped to $1000 along with a big group of folks right before the holidays. Ya just never know!

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 01-14-2009 02:13 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Officially liked by BofA - Don't know for how long but I'll take it.

Congrats Up,

I remember all those posts and also the recents ones that were good. WTG, treat it  well

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WOOHOO.. Congrats... I wish someone new what the magic percentage for instant increase online is, like amex was 3x current cl, what's BofA, it seems to be upwards of 30%?

I tried the luv button the BofA amex I have with my dad last week and left it blank and got the 5-7 and then got denial in mail! but I feel if I had just put in an amount Iw ould have seen instant, just don't know what that amount is.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.

Creditaddict, I know what you mean.  I had no guess of what would be acceptable to ask for so I was totally winging it. Though, going from $5k to $8k is a 60% increase...so atleast we know that much is possible. Not sure if scores had a factor. EX has always been my lowest and yesterday it magically went from 718 (where it's been for months no matter what changes I had on my reports) to 734. I know they tend to pull EX here in NY. When I apped for the Amex card in October they pulled EX as well.  I wouldn't have done it if I had not noticed the increase in my EX score. My TU and EQ are in the 750-760 range depending on if/when any balance at all reports on my reports. I figured they would likely soft my EX.  Unfortunately, I have not seen BofA pull either  TU or EQ! Go figure.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 01-14-2009 02:23 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!! BoA is spreading the Luv around! CONGRATS!

And, my gosh are our stories similar. I totally forgot about the product change! Now that I think about it, that's when BoA started treating me like a "good" customer too. I did a product change from the card that I still had after my card unsecured to another card, and that's when BoA loosened up the purse strings, and started caring that I was a PIF customer.

They say that "change" is good. "Product change" must be even better! LOL!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

YES!!! BoA is spreading the Luv around! CONGRATS!

And, my gosh are our stories similar. I totally forgot about the product change! Now that I think about it, that's when BoA started treating me like a "good" customer too. I did a product change from the card that I still had after my card unsecured to another card, and that's when BoA loosened up the purse strings, and started caring that I was a PIF customer.

They say that "change" is good. "Product change" must be even better! LOL!

Ya see!!! I KNEW it. I really think that is what made the difference.  I love this statement:

"They say that "change" is good. "Product change" must be even better!"

You should make that your signature!! Hehe.

Message 6 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

hey Up great seeing ya around!  congrats on the cli's, it would seem that you will have an easier go at it now that spigot has been turned UP, LOL  Cheers!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Very nice Up. You gotta love those soft pull CLI's from BofA. 
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.