Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Citi...

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Oh Citi...

Three months ago, i asked Citi to Change my Citi Thankyou Preferred VIsa to World Elite Mastercard. but they sent me a Citi World Mastercard. Today I called CITI Retention Department again and they said they do have a CITI World Elite for me but i would need to PC my card to Citi DIvidend, the problem i already have a Citi Dividend Visa that i opened in the beginning of this year so i don't think it would make sense to have two Citi Dividend Cards 

For the people who have a Citi Thankyou Preferred World Elite Mastercard. How did you guys manage to get this "upgrade"?

Should i go ahead and take the Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard offer?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Oh Citi...

@mnavas wrote:

Three months ago, i asked Citi to Change my Citi Thankyou Preferred VIsa to World Elite Mastercard. but they sent me a Citi World Mastercard. Today I called CITI Retention Department again and they said they do have a CITI World Elite for me but i would need to PC my card to Citi DIvidend, the problem i already have a Citi Dividend Visa that i opened in the beginning of this year so i don't think it would make sense to have two Citi Dividend Cards 

For the people who have a Citi Thankyou Preferred World Elite Mastercard. How did you guys manage to get this "upgrade

I don't have the CTYP WE MC but I have the Citi Dividend WE MC to be honest it is one of the nicest looking cards in my wallet.  Did they tell you they have a Citi TY WE and your not eligible.  Or have someone on the forum mentioned having their TY upgraded?

Message 2 of 6
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@mnavas wrote:

For the people who have a Citi Thankyou Preferred World Elite Mastercard. How did you guys manage to get this "upgrade

I don't have the CTYP WE MC but I have the Citi Dividend WE MC to be honest it is one of the nicest looking cards in my wallet.  Did they tell you they have a Citi TY WE and your not eligible.  Or have someone on the forum mentioned having their TY upgraded?

some people have reported on this forum they have successfully gotten the upgrade to Citi TYP World Elite Mastercard... They do have the Citi Dividend WE offer for me and the CSR told me the CTYP WE does exist but my acc isn't eligible for it

Message 3 of 6
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I thought the levels were limit based. How are you all upgrading with those limits? When I applied for my arrival card they gave me only a 3500 limit and I was sent a platinum mastercard, after a couple CLI they never changed the card until I was upgraded to world elite. I figured Ok Just need to wait for my limits to grow to get higher tiered card brands. 

However I see World elite everywhere now it hardly feels "specail" to have it lol

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 4 of 6
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

I thought the levels were limit based. How are you all upgrading with those limits? When I applied for my arrival card they gave me only a 3500 limit and I was sent a platinum mastercard, after a couple CLI they never changed the card until I was upgraded to world elite. I figured Ok Just need to wait for my limits to grow to get higher tiered card brands. 

However I see World elite everywhere now it hardly feels "specail" to have it lol

Your right Visa signature and World Elite on most CCC have a starting limit of 5k chase is very strict with that.  For some reason CIti gets away with going below that threshold I have heard of people with a 3k cl getting a WE.

Message 5 of 6
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@awp317 wrote:

Your right Visa signature and World Elite on most CCC have a starting limit of 5k chase is very strict with that.  For some reason CIti gets away with going below that threshold I have heard of people with a 3k cl getting a WE.

I was one of those people. Citi upgraded my card to the World Elite card back when my credit limit was $3400 but to be fair I do have the Dividend card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.