Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Comenity....

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Oh Comenity....

So last week I posted about my great phone calls and finally an approval for Motorola.... WELL...

I have been trying to set up an account with Motorola since then and it says no account... of course they have been closed since then also.... 

Well this morning I see an alert for Comenity on my credit report and I go to it and see not Motorola but PIER1... Remember the epic conversations and denial and 560 something stupid credit score they sent me for that denial... well I log into Comenity and set up account for Pier 1 and BOOM, I'm in and I have an account for $250!

I'm actually more excited about the Pier 1 approval then the Comenity but I mean really!

also tried CLI and no go... ouch for Pier 1 but considering it was denied before I'll leave this alone and be very excited... and by leave alone I mean I will leave Pier 1 alone, I'm still going after Motorola Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Re: Oh Comenity....

Interesting! So I just opened up that HSN account so maybe they will send me the Sportsman Visa or the TR Visa I have been wanting! Smiley Happy  lol this is crazy!

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Received my Pier 1 Card in the mail today along with the letter from my CLI request when I set up the online account... the funny thing is the letter is the original denial letter I got over a month ago but at the top they changed that my current CL of $250 would remain because: and then listed the original denial letter including the 564 EX score they used! LOL

Message 3 of 9
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

Wow. Strange goings on.

Congrats on the approval (better late than never) and good luck with Motorola.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 4 of 9
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

Off topic but I am genuinely curious. How many inquires do you have on your reports?

Message 5 of 9
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

Off topic but I am genuinely curious. How many inquires do you have on your reports?

I'm gonna say somewhere between 30 and 60.

Wild guess...

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Twas_Sovereign wrote:

I'm gonna say somewhere between 30 and 60.

Wild guess...

20-30 depending on report but think I'll drop close to half on each report by Sept because of moving and car shopping last year

Message 7 of 9
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

So last week I posted about my great phone calls and finally an approval for Motorola.... WELL...

I have been trying to set up an account with Motorola since then and it says no account... of course they have been closed since then also.... 

Well this morning I see an alert for Comenity on my credit report and I go to it and see not Motorola but PIER1... Remember the epic conversations and denial and 560 something stupid credit score they sent me for that denial... well I log into Comenity and set up account for Pier 1 and BOOM, I'm in and I have an account for $250!

I'm actually more excited about the Pier 1 approval then the Comenity but I mean really!

also tried CLI and no go... ouch for Pier 1 but considering it was denied before I'll leave this alone and be very excited... and by leave alone I mean I will leave Pier 1 alone, I'm still going after Motorola Smiley Tongue

I was pre-approved for Motorola credit almost two weeks ago and after applying I received an under further review message.   After about a week, I tried to find my account without the account number and yet, it was open with a $350 limit.  I have heard nothing from them on the approval yet.   The Motorola account seems to have an odd approval process if it is not instant.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Boonie wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I was pre-approved for Motorola credit almost two weeks ago and after applying I received an under further review message.   After about a week, I tried to find my account without the account number and yet, it was open with a $350 limit.  I have heard nothing from them on the approval yet.   The Motorola account seems to have an odd approval process if it is not instant.

I have left alone and considered my Pier 1 mix up a very lucky one... I no longer want a phone from Motorola as I bought my father an iPhone so I don't need the card at all. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.