Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh DCU...

tag
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Re: Oh DCU...

@ficojoe wrote:

Somehow my application got flagged by the fraud department. However, once released, I have had no problems. They gave me my largest limit credit card and then they gave me a 1.99% car loan. I am very happy with DCU. I was aggrivated for a while because it took over 3 months to get my account created. 

Took me a month to get my account set-up. So I hear ya...Also, to anyone gunning for DCU apply for membership first then apply for CC. I did it backwards, and it didn't work out so well. Still, got the CC albeit a low limit, maybe it would've been higher if I was a member with DD before I applied for the CC. Just a thought.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 11 of 29
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@WarJar101 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Somehow my application got flagged by the fraud department. However, once released, I have had no problems. They gave me my largest limit credit card and then they gave me a 1.99% car loan. I am very happy with DCU. I was aggrivated for a while because it took over 3 months to get my account created. 

Took me a month to get my account set-up. So I hear ya...Also, to anyone gunning for DCU apply for membership first then apply for CC. I did it backwards, and it didn't work out so well. Still, got the CC albeit a low limit, maybe it would've been higher if I was a member with DD before I applied for the CC. Just a thought.

I applied both before and after. I was approved for $5,000 with proof of income required before being a member. Since it took more than 90 days for my membership to get established, the approval expired between applying for the credit card and having the account setup. However, after the account was setup, my credit score slightly improved and I was told that because of my credit score improvement I was approved for $7,500 and did not need to verify income. They also gave me a car loan a few months later with no hastle, instant approval, no proof of anything required. When I found the car I wanted, DCU overnighted a check to the dealership.

However, I believe the increased limit and no documentation requirement had nothing to do with the fact that I was a member, but rather because the FICO score improved.

I had about 30 recent inquiries on the one credit report and DCU didn't care, which is pretty awesome.

Message 12 of 29
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

wow! 30 inquiries! as someone who has way too many inquires too, 30 is impressive. that takes really effort to get that high.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 13 of 29
eviLution
Established Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

@WarJar101 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

I applied both before and after. I was approved for $5,000 with proof of income required before being a member. Since it took more than 90 days for my membership to get established, the approval expired between applying for the credit card and having the account setup. However, after the account was setup, my credit score slightly improved and I was told that because of my credit score improvement I was approved for $7,500 and did not need to verify income. They also gave me a car loan a few months later with no hastle, instant approval, no proof of anything required. When I found the car I wanted, DCU overnighted a check to the dealership.

However, I believe the increased limit and no documentation requirement had nothing to do with the fact that I was a member, but rather because the FICO score improved.

I had about 30 recent inquiries on the one credit report and DCU didn't care, which is pretty awesome.

What was your score when you got approved without needing proof of income?

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 14 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@eviLution

I didn't need POI either but I've been a member forever.
Message 15 of 29
zyzzus
Established Contributor

I unfortunately wasn't approved for DCU on Friday so I am assuming I will be on Monday.  I am going to hold off on apping for a CC with them for now as I have no need for the credit.  I'll eventually need a car loan and when I do I'll apply at alliant and DCU to see who has the best rate and then get CCs from them both then.  I am eager to get my DD setup to DCU!

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 16 of 29
Cali_Credit
Frequent Contributor

Get into DCU and they'll treat u right! 1.99% hassle free auto loans and decent CL's! They REfi my cap 1 loan that was nearly 10% to 1.99% and tripled my Visa with one call and ten mins! Awesome
Current Fico's: TU 797 / EQ 785 / EX 775
Wallet: US Bank Business Edge $16,000 I Chase Ink $18,500 | US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $15,000 | Amex PRG NSL | Barclay Arrival+ WMC $10,000 l Amex BCP $20,000 | PenFed Visa Sig $9,000 | DCU Plat. $10,000 | Logix $10,000 | Discover $18,900 | WalMart $10,000 | Paypal MC $15,000 | Barclay NFL $3,400 | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMC $34,500 | J C Penny $5000 | Target $2000 13 Personal & 2 Business CreditCards
Message 17 of 29
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I just applied for their membership. and they sent me an email right away asking for a copy of my DL which I sent right away by email.

Ill keep you guys updated with my membership process Smiley Happy

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 18 of 29
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Good luck to you guys.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 19 of 29
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Got an email this morning saying that they needed a copy of my social (in color) to continue processing my application.  It will be a week tomorrow since I applied.  Alliant had me approved last Friday.  I have called to ensure they need nothing else and am a little annoyed that NOW they decide they need a copy of my social.  I could've sent this in.  I am on the phone now and am going to offer a copy of my birth certificate as well as auto registration.  All of my information on my credit report is concurrent with what was on my application. 

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.