Reply
Valued Contributor
usmc58555
Posts: 1,668
Registered: ‎02-18-2009
0

Re: Oh I'm so Embarrassed!

[ Edited ]

gettinoutofdebt wrote:
Thanks. I've got a nephew who is a Naval officer. I'll ask my brother about that possibility.

Nephew sponsors brother, brother sponsors you, should take a few weeks at the most. 

 

 

Jackpot.

 

By the same token, in my personal experience anyone who has not taken a good hard look at their shopping, their incoming and outgoing money is probably frittering away hundreds (and I do not mean just one or two) a month.


For example: not shopping for groceries at different venues and simply one stop shopping probably has you spending twice as much as you need to a week. Taking a lunch and your own bottled beverages to work can save you a hundred a month right there.


Recovering that "lost" income could easily help you get ahead.

Oh and the allowance? I would consider making it merit/chores based.

 

 

Message Edited by usmc58555 on 07-02-2009 07:56 PM
Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,
Super Contributor
marty56
Posts: 5,696
Registered: ‎10-06-2007
0

Re: Oh I'm so Embarrassed!


gettinoutofdebt wrote:
Just out of curosity, what does AA mean?   "seen AA across the board on all of their CC "

 

AA = Adverse action.  Lowering og credit limits, rasiing of interest rates or even closing the card.
11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Super Contributor
marty56
Posts: 5,696
Registered: ‎10-06-2007
0

Re: Oh I'm so Embarrassed!


usmc58555 wrote:

By the same token, in my personal experience anyone who has not taken a good hard look at their shopping, their incoming and outgoing money is probably frittering away hundreds (and I do not mean just one or two) a month.


For example: not shopping for groceries at different venues and simply one stop shopping probably has you spending twice as much as you need to a week. Taking a lunch and your own bottled


Yes a written budget and purchase plaining is the key to getting and staying out of debt.  I bring my own lunch to work most of the time.  Those 5 dollar lunches really start to add up and add inches to the waistline.

11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Oh I'm so Embarrassed!


marty56 wrote:

usmc58555 wrote:

By the same token, in my personal experience anyone who has not taken a good hard look at their shopping, their incoming and outgoing money is probably frittering away hundreds (and I do not mean just one or two) a month.


For example: not shopping for groceries at different venues and simply one stop shopping probably has you spending twice as much as you need to a week. Taking a lunch and your own bottled


Yes a written budget and purchase plaining is the key to getting and staying out of debt.  I bring my own lunch to work most of the time.  Those 5 dollar lunches really start to add up and add inches to the waistline.


I yearn for the days of the $5 lunch!

Regular Contributor
Credit-Wise
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎08-08-2009
0

Re: Oh I'm so Embarrassed!

Please! Do not be embarrased.  it happens to the best of us.  Patience is the virture when it comes to credit Repair.  STOP USING THE CARD TRIGHT AWAY.   try selling items on Craig's list and give all proceeds to the high intrest card.  also try a 0%  balance transfer fo now

Regular Contributor
Flying_High
Posts: 190
Registered: ‎08-12-2012
0

Re: Oh I'm so Embarrassed!


Trishco wrote:

Oh oh oh....one more thing, that has saved me probably a lot of $$ as well as time is crockpot and freezer meals! 

 

When ground beef goes on sale, I'll cook up 10-20 lbs at a time and freeze it in portions.  Super fast and easy to throw together some sloppy joes, or soft tacos etc!!   If age appropriate, get the kids in on it!

 

It will be tough, but you have to make your "will" tougher!!   :smileywink:



Trishco wrote:

Oh oh oh....one more thing, that has saved me probably a lot of $$ as well as time is crockpot and freezer meals! 

 

When ground beef goes on sale, I'll cook up 10-20 lbs at a time and freeze it in portions.  Super fast and easy to throw together some sloppy joes, or soft tacos etc!!   If age appropriate, get the kids in on it!

 

It will be tough, but you have to make your "will" tougher!!   :smileywink:


+1

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}