Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Merrick Bank you silly CC company!

tag
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Oh Merrick Bank you silly CC company!

Originally got my Merrick CC June '12, while in my rebuilding stage - received a pre-approved offer for $650.00 CL with a $49 AF. I was so excited, my CLs were (slowly) getting higher! About 4 months later (obviously before I found this forum) I called the normal CS# asking about CLIs and was told (politely) my account was "too new", give it a few months and try back. Okie, no biggie. So, last night I called the CS # again (what the heck, right?) and I was (again, politely) told by the rep that she was really sorry but they don't accept customer requested CLIs. HUH? Well, I planned on logging in here and grabbing a backdoor # if possible, but as I do every morning, I log in to all of my accounts (I can't help it - I'm anal), and Merrick has increased my limit to $1000.00. Can't be a coincidence but I will take it LOL Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Oh Merrick Bank you silly CC company!

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Originally got my Merrick CC June '12, while in my rebuilding stage - received a pre-approved offer for $650.00 CL with a $49 AF. I was so excited, my CLs were (slowly) getting higher! About 4 months later (obviously before I found this forum) I called the normal CS# asking about CLIs and was told (politely) my account was "too new", give it a few months and try back. Okie, no biggie. So, last night I called the CS # again (what the heck, right?) and I was (again, politely) told by the rep that she was really sorry but they don't accept customer requested CLIs. HUH? Well, I planned on logging in here and grabbing a backdoor # if possible, but as I do every morning, I log in to all of my accounts (I can't help it - I'm anal), and Merrick has increased my limit to $1000.00. Can't be a coincidence but I will take it LOL Smiley Happy

you have 700 credit scores and you keep this Merrick Bank?

You do have some new prime cards now that you have this score right?

But congrats on the CLI otherwise Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

you have 700 credit scores and you keep this Merrick Bank?

You do have some new prime cards now that you have this score right?

But congrats on the CLI otherwise Smiley Happy

I didn't have my scores when I got this card, the only prime card I have now is BoFA & Discover, but relatively low limits. I keep this one and my Cap One for util purposes, if they don't waive the AF when they come due - they're gone! 

Edited to add: When my scores started going up and over 700 I went kind of nuts trying for Chase, Citi, a different Cap One and Amex, and a CLI w/BoFA, no go, waiting for some inquiries to drop off. 

Message 4 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

atleast they give you a free FICO score every month

Message 5 of 8
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the bump!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 6 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

If only it were that easy with Discover Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Generally speaking after they start giving you a CLI, then you get them about every 4 months if you keep a balance.  That does not mean paying interest, it just means that as long as you are using the card.  They are not very nice about the AF and don't usually waive that, trust me I tried and I finally just simply told them to close the account.  (I left it as their decision; remove the AF and give my security deposit back or close it.  Yeah, I had the secured card for almost 6 years.)

Good Luck.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.