Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh My...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh My...

I would just like to report that my lovely new Discover More card was waiting for me when I got home from work tonight, and that, well... I've grown rather attached to it already. It's nice.

Um, that is all. I have no questions, or any more useful comment to make than that. Sorry - as you were! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Oh My...

No, we need more. Which design did you get? (You know that they have a hundred or so choices, right?) You can have multiple cards with different designs, one for each day of the week, if you like.

I have the Monet "Nymphaeas" design. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
No, we need more. Which design did you get? (You know that they have a hundred or so choices, right?) You can have multiple cards with different designs, one for each day of the week, if you like.

I have the Monet "Nymphaeas" design. Smiley Happy

!!! I soooo nearly picked that one just now - I went for the Clear Purple (or Purple Clear, or whatever it's called) one instead. When I applied for the card, for some reason even though it was offering me the option to choose a different card design, I clicked and got... nothing. So the one they sent me is just the 'standard' silver-colored one (but like I said, I'm very taken with it! It's just... nice, and thick, and expensive-feeling/looking... how pathetic to be impressed by my own credit card, I'm embarrassed!!!), and the first thing I did when I registered on the site was to go and pick out a new one. I know they say you can have as many as you like, but I thought I'd restrain myself, given that I haven't even used the thing yet!

But... I have a feeling that Monet one is coming next. I could not BELIEVE how many designs they have to choose from - I'd seen people talking about it on here, of course, but... wow!

I was tempted by the Union Jack one as well, Brit-girl that I am. Although I'd feel a bit weird pulling that out in a store, now I think of it... but maybe I'll just get one because!

$10 cashback just for spending $100 in the first 28 days... nice! (Now, if only I hadn't booked AND PAID FOR a hotel room with my AmEx Blue Cash last night, I could be getting 5% cashback on that hotel room right now. Oh well!)

I am stupid to be so stupidly pleased over a stupid credit card - especially considering I wasn't going to go for it at all. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
felixfly2000
Contributor

I notice we have simular scores, so I would like to ask, why you decide to go with Discover More. I also hear Discover offer a score for free like Wamu, is this true?

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@felixfly2000 wrote:

I notice we have simular scores, so I would like to ask, why you decide to go with Discover More. I also hear Discover offer a score for free like Wamu, is this true?

Thanks

I have to admit that my decision to go with them was based on nothing more scientific than the following:

a) I'd just kind of, y'know, wanted one, for a while, for no specific reason.
b) I (foolishly, given the incredibly short length of my credit history) applied for one this time last year, and they said 'no thanks' - only card-app rejection I've had, as I'm usually at least slightly more sensible when choosing what to apply for.
c) They sent me a pre-approval last week, and I couldn't resist.

All the above plus the fact that the cashback rewards are pretty good, all things considered. But probably not the kind of answer you're looking for full of concrete evidence as to why I think Discover More is The Card To Have. Sorry!

(I'd put a blushing-and-embarrassed smiley here if my Mac would give me smileys... but it doesn't, so the only one I know how to do is the regular Smiley Happy one!)
Message 5 of 10
felixfly2000
Contributor

Thanks fevmlo,
that was great. I am planning on a PenFed app in Dec, and 6 mos after that, maybe app for Discover, Citi, or USBank( denial me in 07) I am not sure which one I want or need. Having a devil of a time deciding too.
Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

(I'd put a blushing-and-embarrassed smiley here if my Mac would give me smileys... but it doesn't, so the only one I know how to do is the regular Smiley Happy one!)

Here you go; just leave out the spaces when you type them for real:

Smiley Happy : )
Smiley Tongue : P
Smiley Wink ; )
Smiley Very Happy : D
Smiley Sad : (
Smiley Indifferent : | (the upper case of the \ key)
Smiley Surprised : O (capital o, not zero)
Smiley Mad : smileymad :

I think there's another one, but I can't remember it.

And I didn't realize it, but it seems that you don't need to capitalize the letters; p or P will do.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

fevmlo wrote:

especially considering I wasn't going to go for it at all. Smiley Happy

i think in a way that makes it all the more pleasing! Congrats fevmlo... to snag a great card sorta out of the blue- v. cool.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here you go; just leave out the spaces when you type them for real:

Smiley Happy : )
Smiley Tongue : P
Smiley Wink ; )
Smiley Very Happy : D
Smiley Sad : (
Smiley Indifferent : | (the upper case of the \ key)
Smiley Surprised : O (capital o, not zero)
Smiley Mad : smileymad :

I think there's another one, but I can't remember it.

And I didn't realize it, but it seems that you don't need to capitalize the letters; p or P will do.

Aha!! Thank you! For some reason I had it in my head that ALL the others involved some complicated and impossible-to-remember stuff like : smileymad : rather than just good old-fashioned emoticon stuff - apparently not!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

especially considering I wasn't going to go for it at all. Smiley Happy

i think in a way that makes it all the more pleasing! Congrats fevmlo... to snag a great card sorta out of the blue- v. cool.

Thank you! Still ridiculously pleased with it - I went back onto the site last night and ordered one of those little 'Discover-2-Go' (or whatever it's called) keyfob cards. Maybe the ability to get pretty new card designs whenever I feel like a new card in my wallet might curb any future apping urges I might experience, although I actually have zero intention or desire to apply for ANYTHING, at all, which is good! A Discover card was my totally irrational 'I want it just because I want it' card, so I'm very happy!

Now, where's that Concorduser Center... I need to sit back and tend to my little credit garden (being careful not to go to close to the AmEx patch without credit-gardening gloves on, as too much poking around there might result in a nasty case of poison ivy!) Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.