Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh NO! Synchrony CLOSURE!!! Ugh

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh NO! Synchrony CLOSURE!!! Ugh

I now have roughly $110k exposure with synchrony, and well, my care credit account has been closed and is reporting on my Credit Reports as closed due to non-use. LOL...

I wish I remembered to use the card, well actually I don't, as I don't carry any balances on my synchrony accounts because of account closurer threads over the past two years.

Just thought I would share, and I don't anticipate any "blue letter" any time soon.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Oh NO! Synchrony CLOSURE!!! Ugh

@Anonymous wrote:
I now have roughly $110k exposure with synchrony, and well, my care credit account has been closed and is reporting on my Credit Reports as closed due to non-use. LOL...

I wish I remembered to use the card, well actually I don't, as I don't carry any balances on my synchrony accounts because of account closurer threads over the past two years.

Just thought I would share, and I don't anticipate any "blue letter" any time soon.

That is a lot of exposure though, with the way Synchrony has been acting lately, you should consider the blue letter to be a distinct possibility.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That may be the reason for the closure but it reports account 'closed by credit grantor', a notation, such as non use, is not reported.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That may be the reason for the closure but it reports account 'closed by credit grantor', a notation, such as non use, is not reported.

hrmmmm, that would be nice if they noted the account "non use".   my SD would be full of cobwebs by now.   :]

Message 4 of 11
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, that's the one card that Synchrony has and will close for non-use - I really don't know why that card (credit line) is treated differently but 12 to 18 months of non-use and they'll close it on you every time especially if you've never used it. That said, more and more places are accepting it as a payment option such as Walmart (eye exams) and drugstores. I think the value in this card is for major medical costs and the extended OR free financing, but if you take the 0% be sure you pay 100% before the time is up because the retroactive interest his is substantial !  Frankly, if your profile supports it, a 12-15-21 month 0% into card or 18 month 4.99% Discover DT is probably a better option.  

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wife just had her Walmart closed for non-use as well.  Paid it off 2+ years ago, nothing purchased since.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curous, when was the last time you used your care credit card?  I try to use mine at rite aid every 6 months or so because it's my second oldest tradeline.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That happened to me too. They closed my Care Credit card for non-use.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long was your account inactive?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I def have to make note of this. I opened my Care Credit to pay for Invisalign and it's been SD'd ever since. I have a CL $11k so I def don't want my account closed for non use. I guess I can use it at vet visits for my dog annually. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.