Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh No !! Scores are a dropping ....

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Re: Oh No !! Scores are a dropping ....

@lylesvegas wrote:
Well after last week of apping the accounts and the inquiries are starting to take its toll. I have my fico score watch and the alerts are rolling in. My eq score was a 641 on 11-21 it is now 630 with a couple of accounts still to be added. But I hope going to garden for at least 6 mo my scores will come back strong.

Count yourself lucky. I lost 12 points for one inquiry!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 11 of 15
lylesvegas
Contributor

True, but  I would love to have a 12 point loss to drop me to a 751 .........LOL....

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 12 of 15
RonDawg
Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

@lylesvegas wrote:
Well after last week of apping the accounts and the inquiries are starting to take its toll. I have my fico score watch and the alerts are rolling in. My eq score was a 641 on 11-21 it is now 630 with a couple of accounts still to be added. But I hope going to garden for at least 6 mo my scores will come back strong.

Count yourself lucky. I lost 12 points for one inquiry!

Exactly,  inquiries though required for new credit tells lenders that you are seeking credit and for most that is a bad sign.  CRs reflect this also in scores but even with a good score you can be denied new credit and even have current accounts reflect negative (credit limits lowered or accounts closed) due to seeking new credit.  Its better to open very few new accounts over a span of a year and garden as much as possible to push your score and credit limits higher.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 13 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Nov 14 : 2 Inquiry score drop 3 points

Nov 19 : new accout add no drop

Nov 21: 1 new inquiry score drop 7 points ;-(

Now im down from 675 to 665 after 3 inquiry and 1 new account add. Dont know if they going to drop more. Hope not.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 15
lylesvegas
Contributor

I know the feeling....

Amex BCE...Amex ED...Barclay WMC...Priceline Rewards Visa...Cap One Venture...Total Rewards Visa...Wells Fargo Visa...Discover IT...Pay Pal Smart Connect...Overstock Store Card...Lowe's Store Card

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.