Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh boy!

tag
jht2
Contributor

Oh boy!

Walked into my credit uunion today to deposit money and recognized they've rolled out a set of brand new credit cards. Get this it had a fixed APR of 8.9% for all three cards it offered. Waiting in line was horrendous since I promised myself that the NFL visa would be my last credit card for 2013. Since I will apply for an auto loan come fall through my CU maybe theyll offer me the CC on the initial HP. Woosah Woosah I must be patient...good things shall come to those who wait! Have you folks ever heard of a fixed rate CC at 8.9

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Oh boy!

@jht2 wrote:

Walked into my credit uunion today to deposit money and recognized they've rolled out a set of brand new credit cards. Get this it had a fixed APR of 8.9% for all three cards it offered. Waiting in line was horrendous since I promised myself that the NFL visa would be my last credit card for 2013. Since I will apply for an auto loan come fall through my CU maybe theyll offer me the CC on the initial HP. Woosah Woosah I must be patient...good things shall come to those who wait! Have you folks ever heard of a fixed rate CC at 8.9

Pretty sure barclay has one even less APR

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
jht2
Contributor

Its rare to see a fixed APR

Message 3 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy has 8. something.... We have 9.65% on our Cash Sigi.

But yes, My optima through my father use to have 6.4% FIXED! (might have actually been under 6%) wish still had that!

So why are you not applying for it? will help towards auto approval later!

Message 4 of 14
jht2
Contributor

I didnt know my CU had that (out of the loop). And I just applied for the nfl visa and was wary of barclays dislike of inquiries so I'm going to wait till Oct/Nov.

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jht2 wrote:

I didnt know my CU had that (out of the loop). And I just applied for the nfl visa and was wary of barclays dislike of inquiries so I'm going to wait till Oct/Nov.

its over rated especially just 1 and with a relationship that matters WAY more with your CU

Message 6 of 14
jht2
Contributor

I know wish i wouldve known before applyinh. Ive had a loan with them before and my friend/banker said I should get approved but I need to let my current cards age. Anyhow if they do auto approve for it when I apply for the auto loan this fall I can use it for xmas gifts. Plus it offers rewards but we'll see.

Message 7 of 14
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Educators Visa® Platinum Benefits

• Low fixed interest rate of 8.90% APR (Annual Percentage Rate, as of 4/12)
  • No annual fee
  • 25-day grace period (Pay your entire balance each month and your purchases are interest free.)
  • $2,500 minimum limit
  • No additional fees for cash advances (Cash advances are charged interest from the date of the advance, as required by law
  •  
Message 8 of 14
jht2
Contributor

I guess fixed rates are starting to make a comeback

Message 9 of 14
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

One of my CC's from a local CU is fixed @ 6.75 for everything (cash advance, balance transfers, etc.). Does anyone have any or know of anything lower ?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.