Oh dear, Amex BCP

tag
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Oh dear, Amex BCP

@Revelate wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what the limit is and also what the APR is as well; I'll also need to check my EQ report and CK/TU to see if any additional inquiry was lodged for a borderline app which wouldn't surprise me in the slighest.  

If your avg spend on your Zync was approximately $2k per month, I'd say your CL will be around $5 - $10k, at least.  The higher the "transaction" score of your spend and payment score (assuming you paid in lump sum as opposed to 5 payments per month), the higher the CL.

My guess would be around $10K.  All things being equal, Amex rewards high spend and income, which fits with their spend-centric model.

Hah, if I get a 10K tradeline I'd be through the roof and over the moon.  The application being approved period is a short cut, but that sort of tradeline would be a rather substantial acceleration of my credit building.  I'm not nearly so optimistic even with lump sum payments (only way to fly) given the relative lackluster tradelines I have currently.  

Dustin: Cash+ is way down the line, I think the only reason I got approved for the BCP is as cdnewman correctly points out: my internal score and being a current Amex cardholder apparently in good standing (however Amex defines that) is what got me the approval for this one.  I'm not even so certain I could get the Flexperk card now, nor do I need nor want it currently.  My credit report isn't pretty by anyone's standards.

Newportguy: Apparently still have to talk to a live person on that, I'll probably sit on my hands and wait the week or so it takes for me to get the card.  At this point the less I have to talk to an actual human with an opinion, the better Smiley Happy.  Automated processes FTW in this case as I know I'm a marginal application.

If i remember correct , i did not have to speak with a live person (check your app stat ) The automated system gave me my CL also............. someone correct me if I'm wrong

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 21 of 64
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I waited for the card to show-up on my online profile, so learn of my Costco TE TL.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 22 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rev - sincere congratulation from the person went exact approval process!! when I went to that link and I was like what?!

Congratulations again! Enjoy your card (still waiting for my card in mail!)

Message 23 of 64
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Dustin: Cash+ is way down the line, I think the only reason I got approved for the BCP is as cdnewman correctly points out: my internal score and being a current Amex cardholder apparently in good standing (however Amex defines that) is what got me the approval for this one.  I'm not even so certain I could get the Flexperk card now, nor do I need nor want it currently.  My credit report isn't pretty by anyone's standards.

The cash+ and flexperks have the same requirements for approval.

Us Bank is very much a relationship type bank just like AMEX. If you want the Cash+. Get in with them early on and build up to it.

If you get declined for it now, they will either automatically give you the basic cash back card or you can get it on recon. Then after awhile ask for a CLI and PC to Cash+.

I was approved for flexperks in June, and then Cash+ came out not long after. They offered to PC me to cash+, but I declined. That was only 4 months after I got a credit score. So, they are very much a relationship bank. The scores aren't as important as you think. 

Also, setting up a card to autopay will waive their fee on the gold package. That will give an extra 25% bonus on rewards and further your relationship with them.

Just trying to help you come up with ways to rack up the INQs before you have to hold off for the mortgage.

Put simply, it may take years to build up to the score needed to get the cash+. Though it may take less than a year to build up a relationship that will get you the cash+.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 64
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what the limit is and also what the APR is as well; I'll also need to check my EQ report and CK/TU to see if any additional inquiry was lodged for a borderline app which wouldn't surprise me in the slighest.  

If your avg spend on your Zync was approximately $2k per month, I'd say your CL will be around $5 - $10k, at least.  The higher the "transaction" score of your spend and payment score (assuming you paid in lump sum as opposed to 5 payments per month), the higher the CL.

My guess would be around $10K.  All things being equal, Amex rewards high spend and income, which fits with their spend-centric model.

Hah, if I get a 10K tradeline I'd be through the roof and over the moon.  The application being approved period is a short cut, but that sort of tradeline would be a rather substantial acceleration of my credit building.  I'm not nearly so optimistic even with lump sum payments (only way to fly) given the relative lackluster tradelines I have currently.  

Newportguy: Apparently still have to talk to a live person on that, I'll probably sit on my hands and wait the week or so it takes for me to get the card.  At this point the less I have to talk to an actual human with an opinion, the better Smiley Happy.  Automated processes FTW in this case as I know I'm a marginal application.

If i remember correct , i did not have to speak with a live person (check your app stat ) The automated system gave me my CL also............. someone correct me if I'm wrong

Yup. If you select the "other options" choice, it will tell you your CL without having to speak with someone.

Photobucket
Message 25 of 64
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Yup. If you select the "other options" choice, it will tell you your CL without having to speak with someone.

Both paths route me to a human rep (closed on Sunday).  Possible that the limit hasn't been generated yet?

        
Message 26 of 64
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Both paths route me to a human rep (closed on Sunday).  Possible that the limit hasn't been generated yet?

That could be. I waited a few days until it was absolutely eating me alive and decided to call...so they had some time to figure out the CL. I also had a similar approval as you; originally got the message to wait, then immediately checked the online status and was approved. It's possible they need a human to determine your CL. I would try again Monday afternoon or Tuesday, after they've had time to look over your app.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 64
LesWH
Established Contributor

Congratulations! You deserve it!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 28 of 64
jake619
Frequent Contributor

BCP w/ a 650?  Stones!  Smiley Tongue

With a 650 you might get what I got... which was a triple pull.  My approval letter was more of an adverse approval letter.  It cited no less than 6 bullet points why my approval included a "less than favorable APR".  The surprise of the day (other than being approved) was that letter cited TU as the FICO they used, which was 680.  Mine was for BCE.  When I asked them about the triple pull they said my CR as supplied by EX and EQ did not contain qualifying content.  I think that was the AMEX way of saying you're approved, but by the skin of your teeth, and your EX and EQ CR's are shameful.

Message 29 of 64
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jake619 wrote:

BCP w/ a 650?  Stones!  Smiley Tongue

With a 650 you might get what I got... which was a triple pull.  My approval letter was more of an adverse approval letter.  It cited no less than 6 bullet points why my approval included a "less than favorable APR".  The surprise of the day (other than being approved) was that letter cited TU as the FICO they used, which was 680.  Mine was for BCE.  When I asked them about the triple pull they said my CR as supplied by EX and EQ did not contain qualifying content.  I think that was the AMEX way of saying you're approved, but by the skin of your teeth, and your EX and EQ CR's are shameful.

Nah, no stones required in this case: I was expecting to get denied via SP anyway to see where I stood.  Frankly I thought this was in the laughably absurd application category, I just picked the card that I was planning for 1/14 and applied for it thinking there was no possible approval chance on it.  I've never, ever seen an approval for this card below 670 from reports here; unless my Bankcard-enhanced FICO is a lot higher than my Classic I'm really forced to admit that relationship building counts for even more than I dared dream possible... and I'm one of the bigger proponents of that on this forum for that matter.

Joke's on me in this case from that standpoint, think I'll live though Smiley Happy.

CK doesn't have an inquiry reported yet off the Transunion data and they were pretty quick to report on the last one I received from BOFA on TU.  I am definitely going to check EQ though in a few days after whatever human process required in this rodeo has happened.  For reference CS score is a 655 and a lot of people have reported that FAKO being fairly close to their EX lender FICO.

        
Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.