Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no! Barclay's CLD

tag
Poozie121
Contributor

Re: Oh no! Barclay's CLD

This is a great article at @emptypockets posted last night..

http://www.barclaycardring.com/t5/Barclaycard-Ring-Public-Blog/A-Case-Study-of-a-Credit-Line-Increas...

http://www.barclaycardring.com/t5/Barclaycard-Ring-Public-Blog/A-Case-Study-of-a-Credit-Line-Increas...

Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 11 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The only thing I can think of open123 is when I opened the acct last year; it was at 0% so for maybe the first 2-3 months I paid a little more than the min. It was at 0%, so I took advantage.
I have literally made an avg pmt size of prob $2k.
I told the rep that too. I asked him to check my payment history and look at how big of payments I made. It was for this account, no other accts.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 57
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
The only thing I can think of open123 is when I opened the acct last year; it was at 0% so for maybe the first 2-3 months I paid a little more than the min. It was at 0%, so I took advantage.
I have literally made an avg pmt size of prob $2k.
I told the rep that too. I asked him to check my payment history and look at how big of payments I made. It was for this account, no other accts.

What was your balance when they decreased it to 2750 initially?  Was it 0?  If so that's kind of odd because it's not really balance chasing.  I'm wondering if they saw something else that might have spooked them.

These stories stink...I remember getting my May CLI and the letter reading how great it was and that I could use my new "spending power" to take a trip or make a major purchase.  Of course, the fail to mention that doing that might just result in AA.  I don't know, I think there are a lot of unethical things going on with a lot of companies

Message 13 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks poozie. Read that last night, and it barely makes sense.
Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 57
Open123
Super Contributor

When it comes to Barclays, here's my view.  They're *not* Amex or Chase; heck, they're not even Citi.  At this point, once pass the 6 month clawback signing bonus threshold, just close their accounts if institute any AA.

At this point, if I even so much as see their number on my caller id, I'm just going to start closing their accounts and call it "self defense."  Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It was around $2k but as I mentioned, I've been pif for the most part.

I don't think they were balance chasing.
Let me see if I can find that letter for their exact wording lmao...
"Ratio of payment to outstanding balance is too low"

But hey, at least I got it reinstated.
Message 16 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hearSmiley Sad. Barclays is unpredictable like BofA. I use it once a month. Their cards are not my primary cards. 

Ron.

Message 17 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks for that reminder, Ron! Lol This is why I NEVER want a BOA card. Getting Citi was a mistake. No more credit mistakes!
I might just close out Barclay's myself in a few months. It was my first Amex, although quite obviously not a "true" Amex.
Message 18 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Thanks for that reminder, Ron! Lol This is why I NEVER want a BOA card. Getting Citi was a mistake. No more credit mistakes!
I might just close out Barclay's myself in a few months. It was my first Amex, although quite obviously not a "true" Amex.

Citi is not any good any more. I used to get CLI from them every 6 months. Only a few are good like US Bank, Amex, Discover, Cap 1, Chase.

Ron.

Message 19 of 57
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

It seems that one of there threads is posted everyday...so everyday I go check my Barclay's accounts. I'm still safe for now.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.