Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no! Barclay's CLD

tag
Poozie121
Contributor

Re: Oh no! Barclay's CLD

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Thanks poozie. Read that last night, and it barely makes sense.
Lol

ME TOO! i was hoping someone could help decipher!!!!!!!!! haha

Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 21 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I can only imagine how annoyed a Barclay's Credit Analyst must be at times...
"Dayum, this computer is crazy!"
Their models are bipolar as heck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 57
enharu
Super Contributor

I just paid off every single card except Barclays after reading this thread. Gonna hope I don't get AA either.

@young, at least u got the CL reinstated.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 23 of 57
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

These CLD stories from Barclay are very frightening.

All thoughts I ever had of adding them to my portfolio are now gone.  I can't take that stress.

So glad you were able to work it all out and get your limit back OP.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 57
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Got a feeling im next, I wouldnt be surprised.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 57
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

These stories make me feel like a hostage! Lol...I will wait and see how my relationship w Barclay turns out...but at least your story gives hope of getting your cl reinstated Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 26 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Now the Barclays Apps on the iPhone has the peek feature. So you can check to see whether you can get CLD on the account without log into the website. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 27 of 57
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Just curious how old some of your Barclay cards are that have had AA...I had heard that the first 6 months are critical, but I don't know how true that is...

Message 28 of 57
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I don't see why everyone is so scared about having their accounts closed. Normal credit behavior does not result in closed accounts 99.9% of the time. The unfortunate thing is that so many on this forum conduct abnormal credit behavior. This has been discussed before, sorry for rehashing.

Lets go back through what has happened on young's credit report in recent months (not counting the months before it).
Young has applied for and opened new cards. (2 within the last two months?) Had a card closed by Citi. Carries a balance on 6 or 7 cards, 1 of them being a completely maxed out Freedom where the balance hasn't changed for several months. He has made minimum payments at times, and moves debt around pretty frequently (different cards carry balances).

If any of that seems normal, you all spend too much time on the forum. To give young credit, he generally recognizes that his behavior looks weird to the credit card companies. But he does these odd things for other financial reasons that I think are generally foolish (Mother always said never listen to anyone who claims to know something, they always know the least). But that's neither here nor there, because he has made his own destiny. At the end of the day, the biggest risks are to those who carry balances, max out cards, make minimum payments, and conduct "credit-seeking behavior". If you are one of these people, keep worrying - and realize that you are likely putting your finances in jeopardy. If you aren't one of these people, enjoy your cards and stop worrying!

I should add this: the traditional use of revolving credit involves a reduction to $0 to indicate that the credit is actually used for cash flow timing purposes rather than a permanent extension of credit. If you haven't ever brought a CC to $0 (not including current month charges), then your use of credit cards is a departure from the traditional use of revolving credit. What that means differs between companies, but it could be a potential cause for concern if balances start climbing.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 29 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh no Ron! Haha I did first notice the cld on my Barclay's app:-/

FinStar- I haven't really moved any debt around in a few months haha. I'm satisfied with what I have, I know.
Barclay's really didn't give a good reason for closure; none of the potential for risk described above was mentioned in the aa letter. Lol
I may carry some balances, but overall I pay 10-20% of my balances each month, a few of my accts get pif, and I have 10+ accts with $0 bal.

I think Barclay's has been on a roll lately. There are many people who never post here.. And there first post is bc of aa... So not every poster/reader is an "outlier"
And regardless of outlier behavior, the fact still remains that I pay my bills. A credit score and report is used to predict ability to pay. As a 24 year old, I admittedly have an aggressive credit strategy, but hey that's much better than having unpaid utility collections, charged off ccs, and other derogatory credit items typically associated w/ my age. LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.