Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no! Barclay's CLD

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Oh no! Barclay's CLD

Postman? Did you ask them to reinstate your account? I would have if I were you.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 51 of 57
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

young: I wasn't suggesting that you specifically left something out of our story. I'm suggesting that there is more to the overall reasoning why Barclay's chooses to do CLD other than "they just felt like it".
Message 52 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh okay! Sorry for the misinterpretation...
I was like " Are you saying Barclay's ISN'T cray cray? " lolol...

It seems as though each account they close with a balance becomes a stable revenue stream for them. Odd, yes.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 53 of 57
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I got their card because I'm going to be doing some traveling. I'm planning to charge $1200 on my card for upcoming trip to Costa Rica.

Then I'm planning to pay that charge off over four months. And then PIF for any additional charges I put on my card over those four months.

So I will see if this works. Two of my cards will report a zero balance each month. And the other two will report balances with overall utilization being around 10%, then dropping under 10% each month. I guess I'll report back how this works out.
Message 54 of 57
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

P.S. LOL to you young re: cray cray
Message 55 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Sounds like a good idea! Costa Rica is amazing!!! You will love it! I went there a few years ago to help me with my Spanish haha :-)
Message 56 of 57
Open123
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:
If they are taking AA against customers because of this, I say screw them. They had an "extremely difficult" year because they got caught breaking the law. Consumers were screwed during the process and I don't detect even the slightest tone of apology.

From my perspective, I've got my own AA designs for Barclays regardless of merits of their prior actions. Namely, 4 of their cards are set for closure, once beyond the clawback period.  Just waiting for the Arrival to pass the 6 month clawback period.

Need to set up slots and free up available credit for other sign-up offers.  

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.