Senior Contributor

Re: Oh no! Barclay's CLD

Postman? Did you ask them to reinstate your account? I would have if I were you.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor

young: I wasn't suggesting that you specifically left something out of our story. I'm suggesting that there is more to the overall reasoning why Barclay's chooses to do CLD other than "they just felt like it".
Senior Contributor

Oh okay! Sorry for the misinterpretation...
I was like " Are you saying Barclay's ISN'T cray cray? " lolol...

It seems as though each account they close with a balance becomes a stable revenue stream for them. Odd, yes.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor

I got their card because I'm going to be doing some traveling. I'm planning to charge $1200 on my card for upcoming trip to Costa Rica.

Then I'm planning to pay that charge off over four months. And then PIF for any additional charges I put on my card over those four months.

So I will see if this works. Two of my cards will report a zero balance each month. And the other two will report balances with overall utilization being around 10%, then dropping under 10% each month. I guess I'll report back how this works out.
Valued Contributor

P.S. LOL to you young re: cray cray
Senior Contributor

Sounds like a good idea! Costa Rica is amazing!!! You will love it! I went there a few years ago to help me with my Spanish haha :-)
Senior Contributor

enharu wrote:
If they are taking AA against customers because of this, I say screw them. They had an "extremely difficult" year because they got caught breaking the law. Consumers were screwed during the process and I don't detect even the slightest tone of apology.

From my perspective, I've got my own AA designs for Barclays regardless of merits of their prior actions. Namely, 4 of their cards are set for closure, once beyond the clawback period.  Just waiting for the Arrival to pass the 6 month clawback period.

Need to set up slots and free up available credit for other sign-up offers.  

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.