Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh no! Barclay's CLD

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh no! Barclay's CLD

So, logged in to see limit cut from 7700 to 2750.
Shocker!!! I haven't used this card in months.
Called to see why the limit was cut. It was cut for something to do with my payments being too small, which is ironic considering my last payment was nearly for the whole dayum balance of almost $4k and I've put $11k through this card, 80% of which was pif.
Called and spoke to an analyst; he checked my report , asked about maxxed out Freedom. I said 0% for now, but he commented thaty score looks great and my util is pretty low.
He reinstated my limit to 7700. I checked my reports and my 7700 limit stands.
GOOD!!!!!
I only opened this card for a bt anyway.

Barclay's is on the warpath lately. I can't help but think that AA is their biz mod, kinda how C1 doesn't give clis lmao.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Poozie121
Contributor

Re: Oh no! Barclay's CLD

how long did you have your acct open?

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So, logged in to see limit cut from 7700 to 2750.
Shocker!!! I haven't used this card in months.
Called to see why the limit was cut. It was cut for something to do with my payments being too small, which is ironic considering my last payment was nearly for the whole dayum balance of almost $4k and I've put $11k through this card, 80% of which was pif.
Called and spoke to an analyst; he checked my report , asked about maxxed out Freedom. I said 0% for now, but he commented thaty score looks great and my util is pretty low.
He reinstated my limit to 7700. I checked my reports and my 7700 limit stands.
GOOD!!!!!
I only opened this card for a bt anyway.

Barclay's is on the warpath lately. I can't help but think that AA is their biz mod, kinda how C1 doesn't give clis lmao.

how long did you have your acct open beofre this happened? I am getting so nervous.

Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 2 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Opened 03/2012
No default of any kind.
Original approval fico: tu 670+
Fico now:700+
Mentioned to the analyst that my score had increased 30-40 pts since account opening and he acknowledged that!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 57
myjourney
Super Contributor

Opened 03/2012
No default of any kind.
Original approval fico: tu 670+
Fico now:700+
Mentioned to the analyst that my score had increased 30-40 pts since account opening and he acknowledged that!

Glad it worked out for you that's good news that they will overturn a mistake

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 57
Poozie121
Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Gardening until 8/10/2014! I love this forum!!!! EX- 687 TU-688 EQ - 680 ...all pulls 12/2013 (myfico)
Ch 7 discharge - 12/11. Discover $6k, DCU $3k, Barclays rewards $3k, Barclays Sallie Mae $3k Sony Visa $2500 Capital One Quicksilver $5 Capital One Venture One $3k, best buy mastercard1000

Message 5 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks myjourney.
This really pisssssed me off; I would have closed the acct if they didnt reinstate my limit.
It's funny how in the 80's/90's you'd be fine if you paid your billls...
Now as the result of the financial crisis, banks will cut you off even if you pay your bills!!
Dang!
Message 6 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yw poozie! Btw, I have opened 3-4 accts in the last year or two, but they mentioned nothing of new accounts.
Message 7 of 57
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

@Poozie121 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

how often does Barclay evaluate accounts?  i got a CLI from them in May, but I'm still nervous about this.  I have vacation coming up in August and was planning to use my cards, which will translate into some temporaritly high balances.  I actually called Barclay yesterday to alert them to travel plans, and all seemed fine.  Oh well..I guess I can't afford to worry about it.

Message 8 of 57
Open123
Super Contributor

Did they mean percentage of payments too small on your CLD'ed Barclay account, or on the aggregate balance of all your accounts with and outside theirs?

Message 9 of 57
myjourney
Super Contributor

Thanks myjourney.
This really pisssssed me off; I would have closed the acct if they didnt reinstate my limit.
It's funny how in the 80's/90's you'd be fine if you paid your billls...
Now as the result of the financial crisis, banks will cut you off even if you pay your bills!!
Dang!

It's truly troubling with Barclay and I think a pattern or method of operation will emerge we can all figure out hopefullySmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.