Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh silly Citi!

tag
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Oh silly Citi!

Been getting 3 preapprovals a week from Citi.  The most recent for the City Dividend World Mastercard.  I have never gotten that one before.  Well, I decide to apply (but not for the world Mastercard) and what do you know ......................... APPROVED FOR $1,800.00.  My lowest CL to date.

They must be crazy!  I will happily be closing this CC as soon as I receive it in the mail.  If I can't get a limit above $10k, the CC is worthless to me.  I only app'd for the 21-month 0% introductory APR on balance transfers anyway.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oh silly Citi!

Does seem kind of silly for your scores and how Citi is supposedly a generous lender. Maybe you had really high utilization or something?

Message 2 of 17
Uniqua
Established Contributor

LOL.  I know.  My overall util is not high at all.  My total CL is $25k for all my CCs.  Trust me, I don't even go near $$2-3k on my util.  I think they may be giving me the CL I had with them back in 1997 with my Sears card.  Not sure if they were the bank then, but that's the only thing I could think of.

Message 3 of 17
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Maybe I just do not understand why you feel you are entitled to 10K. You state your total CL's are 25K for "ALL" your CC's. While your scores are very good it is not the only determining factor in having credit issued to you and how much credit is issued to you. 

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 17
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Just went to the mailbox and the only items there were two new preapproval offers from .............. guess who?  CITI

One offer for the Platinum Select Visa and the other for the Diamond Preferred MC.  The Diamond Preferred does have a better offer which I should have applied for, not that it would have mattered though since I believe they were going to give me that CL no matter what.

Message 5 of 17
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I PREFER a CL $10k or above (never said I was entitled to anything).  I know very well what lenders look for.  I have learned and played the credit game for some time now.  My goal is to get higher CLs, not start from scratch all over again if I do not have to.

Message 6 of 17
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Too funny! I applied via pre-approval last year for a Platinum Select MC and the limit was $1800. Lowest CL at that time and to this day they haven't budged! I even PC'd it to Diamond Preferred AMEX and they lowered the rate but never raised the limit. It's mainly a PIF card that I use to buy cigars online...stupid Citi, I have a Home Depot card with a 12K limit but this...

Message 7 of 17
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Yes, too funny.  That's the same CC I app'd for and had been getting pre-approvals for a long time now.  I didn't want the World MC even though the offer was slightly better (as far as rewards mainly).  Now, I see I'm pre-approved for the Diamond Preferred and I'm sure I would not get a higher CL.  I'm getting ready to make a few large purchases and thought that the 0% APR for 21 months on balance transfers would give me some time and leisure to pay off.  I would use my Travelocity AmEx to make the purchases for the Travelocity credits, then transfer the balances to the Citi CC.  Unfortunately, looks like that is not going to happen.  Oh well.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I guess my habit of shredding all these Citi offers that flood my mailbox seems to be a good approach Smiley Happy. Sorry to hear that.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card could grow to be 5k + ...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.