Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh that felt SOOOO Good! Flushed Orchard

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Oh that felt SOOOO Good! Flushed Orchard

The card made such a sweet sound going through the shredder!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Oh that felt SOOOO Good! Flushed Orchard

Ahh dang! I need to get up the nerve to do this to mine!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 14
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

It felt so good.

Message 3 of 14
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Good for you!!! Congrats!!!

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 14
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

I'm on the fence about mine, it's one of my oldest cards after all. I think I may wait and see what happens after the full transition to Capital One

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 5 of 14
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Make sure they close it on your reports.  I closed mine over a year ago and it's still reporting as open with a $59 balance.  I closed it and the cancelled the AF but it still reports every month.  I'm currently disputing it as HSBC said that they reported it as closed.  BS.

Message 6 of 14
solstice00
Regular Contributor

I did mine. It felt awesome!

Smiley Wink

"Its your AAoA, Sir. It seems, Sir, that it is so short that i dont think it would hurt for it to get a little shorter"
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Poor shredder, indigestion. Smiley Happy Cngrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 14
distantarray
Established Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

Make sure they close it on your reports.  I closed mine over a year ago and it's still reporting as open with a $59 balance.  I closed it and the cancelled the AF but it still reports every month.  I'm currently disputing it as HSBC said that they reported it as closed.  BS.

unless your looking at annualcreditreports.com it could really be closed, companies like freecreditreport.com are completely useless.

Remember get it from annualcreditreport.com or your reports aren't worth a damn thing besides the weight of the paper it's printed on. Also remember you can also file a complaint and get it in writting, if they falsely report you can sue the creditor for violation of your credit report via FCRA $1,000 per violation. 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.