Message 11 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Oh that felt SOOOO Good! Flushed Orchard

Surprised it went down without a fee/fight Smiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 14
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

I'm dealing with them reporting mine still open and with a $79 balance too. I closed it in September when they wouldn't wave the AF or give me a CLI. It was stuck at $500 and my Amex was $6k and my Freedom was 3k. SEE YA! Felt good.

It sucks the first cards we get are the ones more likely to screw us and be a PITA.
Message 13 of 14
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I have one with a $1100 CL. It is my oldest card...almost 4 years old. I'm waiting for the Cap1 transition to finalize to see what replacement card I get and whether or not it will grow with me. Just this past Jan, I was approved for the Chase Freedom and it finally replaced the Orchard card. I need two everyday cards and I rotate them throughout the month...the Freedom and Cap1 Cash Rewards. So it is nice to now have two rewards cards to rotate instead of one dud and one rewards card.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.