Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh the irony... funny if not so sad!!

tag
bdp02
Established Member

Oh the irony... funny if not so sad!!

Besides the frustration of having to go through an approval process for an existing trade line when it comes to adding an authorized user

(really don't understand that... I'm still on the hook to pay the bill no matter who I let use the card, right?)

On top of that, I had to do so working through a thick foreign accent on the other end of the line

(your guess is as good as mine as to where that other end of the line really was, geographically)

The irony of it is... why the heck does American Express use foreign call centers?!?!  

Doesn't that qualify as some kind of bait and switch or oxymoron or something?

- just had to vent for a moment - many thanks for listening!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Oh the irony... funny if not so sad!!

I am seriously thinking about cutting Amex loose because of the call centers. I have Chase SP, and 

get a US based call center each time with very nice professional people. Plus no prompts. Their CS

is bar none and their card is half the price of an Amex and is taken everywhere. I just got a new Dyson 

with my rewards too.

Message 2 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bdp02 wrote:

Besides the frustration of having to go through an approval process for an existing trade line when it comes to adding an authorized user

(really don't understand that... I'm still on the hook to pay the bill no matter who I let use the card, right?)

On top of that, I had to do so working through a thick foreign accent on the other end of the line

(your guess is as good as mine as to where that other end of the line really was, geographically)

The irony of it is... why the heck does American Express use foreign call centers?!?!  

Doesn't that qualify as some kind of bait and switch or oxymoron or something?

- just had to vent for a moment - many thanks for listening!

Apparently they are starting to outsource their call centers. Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Tough economy. Saves them a lot of money by outsourcing.

Message 4 of 14
MrCredit
Established Contributor

LOL. Tough Economy, they charge $175 AF, I think they can afford not to outsource.

I am going to wait till my free year is up with them and close the account. Not happy.

I called to dispute a transaction the other day and I could barely stand the rep at the other

end. You can tell when they read from a script lol.

Message 5 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

LOL. Tough Economy, they charge $175 AF, I think they can afford not to outsource.

I am going to wait till my free year is up with them and close the account. Not happy.

I called to dispute a transaction the other day and I could barely stand the rep at the other

This ^^^^

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

Usually AF is charged to recover reward programs. I agree that outsourcing sucks.

Message 7 of 14
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

I will be closing them after my free yr is up also. I'm not paying an af for outsourced service! I coulda just applied to HSBC or Orchard lol.

Message 8 of 14
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

when i call the # on my card i get a us rep when i call app dept or travel i get over seas rep
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 9 of 14
bdp02
Established Member

@afbar1114 wrote:
when i call the # on my card i get a us rep when i call app dept or travel i get over seas rep

Great data point!  From now on I'm starting with the number on the card for all business, regardless of what their printed material says
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.