Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, so that's BOA Gone

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Ok, so that's BOA Gone

@j_casteel wrote:
Another thing to think about...you said you never used the card. If you never use it then why would you even expect a CLI? Especially a SP CLI.

People amaze me with their sense of entitlement.

+1!!!!

Message 11 of 31
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Thus far, I've been very UNimpressed with BOA as a whole...let them go and move on to better.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 12 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Was contemplating getting fidelity amex card down the road some time hope their service won't be as horrid either 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 31
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

I can understand if they did do a HP and then didnt want to move you up much. I do not know about your relationship with BOA (other accounts, age of history etc) but I know for my increase, even with someone from the EO, and a very strong relationship with BOA, they had to do an HP and it was well worth it. He stated it is the company policy as a result of past problems to always do a HP for CLIs. I understand no one wants to risk a HP for the unknown, it took me a day or 2 to wrap my head around it and being very confident after talking with the same person multiple times to do it. I feel I had a lot more leverage with them after having other accounts opened but you already have those. I would have let them check it before you wrote them off or left things the same.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 14 of 31
Smug
Established Contributor

I LOVE them big credit lines and low interest cards, who needs more!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 15 of 31
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

Was contemplating getting fidelity amex card down the road some time hope their service won't be as horrid either 

So far I've had nothing but very positive experiences with FIA (Merrill+).  Somehow they manage to make me feel more appreciated than other lenders. 

OP, It's fairly common knowledge BoA will hard pull for CLI, so with no usage on a card whatsoever it's a hard case to make for soft pull CLI.  I've found BoA to be very generous with hard pull CLI, new apps and/or recon.  The free market is a beautiful thing if you're not happy with them.

Message 16 of 31
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Boa has been good to me as well. I started with a 300 dollar secured card which graduated a year later then to now which has grown to 3k with just one hp. I'd say a hp is worth it if you double your limit.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 17 of 31
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
Another thing to think about...you said you never used the card. If you never use it then why would you even expect a CLI? Especially a SP CLI.

I don't think wanting a CLI with a soft pull is a sense of entitlement.  I have a Discover card that started with a 5K CL.  During the financial collapse, they decreased my CL to $500.  I can't even get gas w/o going over 10% usage. Because they now give your TU FICO score, I purchase my protein powder, every 2 mos, and pay for it before the charge hits my card. Since they know my FICO score for TU is 792 and I've never paid them late in over 8 years, I don't think they should have to do a hard pull to increase my CL.

It's okay, and for the score, I'll use their card, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable.  Until they increase the limit, I'll continue to use my other cards where I don't run into utilization risks.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 31
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

J Casteel - it was not a sense of entitlement at all! - I asked them if they wanted to be competative, they didn't, card closed - end of story With an 1100 starting limit if I took a HP and they doubled it to 2200 - you think that's better than a CSP with a minimum of 5k?

However you justify in your mind is fine. 

Good luck on the CSP, I know you mention a preapproval so chances are in you favor, but remember you're still going to take a HP with a chance of not getting anything. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 19 of 31
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

I don't think wanting a CLI with a soft pull is a sense of entitlement.  I have a Discover card that started with a 5K CL.  During the financial collapse, they decreased my CL to $500.  I can't even get gas w/o going over 10% usage. Because they now give your TU FICO score, I purchase my protein powder, every 2 mos, and pay for it before the charge hits my card. Since they know my FICO score for TU is 792 and I've never paid them late in over 8 years, I don't think they should have to do a hard pull to increase my CL.

It's okay, and for the score, I'll use their card, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable.  Until they increase the limit, I'll continue to use my other cards where I don't run into utilization risks.

No, wanting something for nothing is though. OP stated no card use and wanted a CLI with a SP or close the card. IMO, that is entitlement. Of course, the OP is in fact entitled do whatever he/she wants. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.