Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, so that's BOA Gone

tag
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so that's BOA Gone

Hi All

I contacted BOA and asked about a CL from the $1100 that they gave me, I have never used the card because of the CL, or to please close out the account  - I have no room in my wallet for toy cards lol

They told me that it would have to be HP to get an increase, I politely declined and mentioned that If i wanted a HP, then I would use it to get a CSP (that I have a pre-approval for) and not risk a HP from them for maybe a $500 or something increase.

I went to log back into my account - "No user with this ID" lol - no further communication from them or anything, I have more than enough CC's, so won't be losing any sleep over it Smiley Wink   

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok, so that's BOA Gone

BOA is tough with CL increases.  I suppose they are trying to prevent the same collapse that occured in their mortgage units.  As my credit scores have gotten stronger; I have been able to leverage this with my banking relationship to score sizeable credit line increases.  

Message 2 of 31
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I got got nearly a 3x CLI with my BoA card after ~6mos. I think a lot of people have great CLI success with BoA but you have to be willing to take a HP, which IMO isn't the worst thing considering a lot of the time they more than double your limit.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 31
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Sounds good.  I would drop them for the CSP myself as well.

Message 4 of 31
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

I agree .. I got CLI on my two cards ..they stand at 15 K now ... I recently got approved for their travel card as well ... by adjusting Credit lines
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 5 of 31
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Another thing to think about...you said you never used the card. If you never use it then why would you even expect a CLI? Especially a SP CLI.

People amaze me with their sense of entitlement.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 6 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

I have had great success with clis from BOA. $300 to $10k in 7 months. Guess YMMV.
Message 7 of 31
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

J Casteel - it was not a sense of entitlement at all! - I asked them if they wanted to be competative, they didn't, card closed - end of story With an 1100 starting limit if I took a HP and they doubled it to 2200 - you think that's better than a CSP with a minimum of 5k?

Message 8 of 31
TheFate
Established Contributor

So did they close it themselves or did you request that?

Message 9 of 31
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

It was my request -

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.