cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, today is the 5th and I still have no fico alert for HSBC Orchard and BB RZ MC updates?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Ok, today is the 5th and I still have no fico alert for HSBC Orchard and BB RZ MC updates?

This might have been said up above and I missed it, but my understanding is that HSBC/ Orchard bank cards:
  • report (cause to display on reports) your balance as of the last business day of the month, but they
  • don't get around to actual reporting (sending in the info) for a week or two.

And they've been known to skip entire months.

US Bank also reports the balance as of the last business day of the month, but as I understand it, they also do the actual reporting at that time.

At any rate, it's common to see the updated HSBC/ Orchard balance show up somewhere around the 10th of the month to mid-month. And even then, although Experian usually promptly enters the info, so that it shows on your EX report, TU and EQ take another 4-7 days to shuffle over to the computer and do the actual updating.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 14
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Ok, today is the 5th and I still have no fico alert for HSBC Orchard and BB RZ MC updates?

@Lel wrote:

You don't get alerts for decreases in balance.

Just to be certain, when you paid off your credit cards, did you pay in full before the statement closed?  Or did you pay the full statement balance after it closed?

Some credit cards report the statement balance shortly after the statement is issued.  Some credit cards report on the same day each month, regardless of statement date.

If you want to get an alert for a score increase, change your SW settings to send you an alert when your score goes up by 1 point from where it is now.  The alert that you receive won't tell you that the score increase was due to a zero balance, though

Kiwill, make sure your target score is set to exactly what your last Score Watch FICO score was. Many times when people don't get alerts, their target score isn't set to their most recent FICO score, or the setting is turned completely off. I get quite frequent alerts, and, when I do, the next thing I do is go to "Settings" and change my target score number so that it's ready for my next alert.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 02-06-2010 07:34 AM
Message 12 of 14
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I changed my alert settings to show one point above my current score, i'm expecting some nice points this month!! 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 13 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Kiwill wrote:
I changed my alert settings to show one point above my current score, i'm expecting some nice points this month!! 

Ideally, you'd want to change your target score to your current score. That way, if your score changes in either direction, you'll get alerted to that change.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.