cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, I give Capital One officially can bite my Texas butt!

tag
tbc
New Contributor

Okay, I give Capital One officially can bite my Texas butt!

Just spent another 2 hours on the phone with several JACKOFF'S.  TIME I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER GET BACK!

Got an experian alert today.  They reported I was over my credit limit and it dropped my score almost 30 points.  I don't know whether to LOL, cry, drink, or hit the gym really hard.

Actually, I am in tears crying right now. 

Again, I had to escalate and ask to speak to a supervisor.  I was told by MILTON of Capital One who proudly told me he was not in the United States, that a supervisor can't tell me anything he hasn't already told me.

So, I say, please transfer me to a supervisor. 

Again, my supervisor can't do anything more for you, or give you anymore information than I already have.

So.  MILTON from outside the US, I would like a clear line of communication here.  Are you refusing to transfer me to your supervisor?

Milton, proudly says, NO. 

So, I say I am waiting.

Milton, proudly again says  My supervisor can't do anything more for you, than I already have?

UM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank God, I am at work.  sidenote.

I again, I think now for the 4th time, request to speak to a supervisor?  He puts me on hold.  and then I get Donovan.

I ask Donovan, are you in the United States and where.  He says no mam, I am outside the united states. 

Donovan, will you PLEASE transfer me to a supervisor in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Lovely Brice from West Texas.................he didn't resolve my situation, however they gave me an alleged 10 credit so I could go to a POPEYES!

Interesting enough, I would have called that number that lovely man gave me, the other nite, but alas I am at work, on lunch. 

Lovely Brice, also offered to refer my complaint up the food chain.

I was fortunate enough to do a survey earlier today, can't wait for this one.

The reason, I was sooooooo upset, I was just popping that 600 threshold.  My fiance who is active duty overseas, were planning on applying for a joint NFCU card so that we could use it just for travel. 

He has been super proud of me, working sooooo hard to build what I lost:  CREDIT POWER

Not sweating the NFCU app now, we have cash on hand to bring him home for leave, was just hoping to reach that unsecured mark with NFCU.

thank you for listening to me rant!

BTW,  CAPITAL one, initiated a dispute with experian, equifax, transunion and something called NOVUS?  thats a new one for me?

of course my credit will be hit now for 30-90 days.  I wanted to explode inside. 

it will have been 5 months since my hunny and I will have been able to see each other.  Missing him so, and was sooooo hoping, we coulda got that NFCU card and we wouldn't have had to worry about the initial out of our pockets. 

Wasn't in the cards.  (like my humor)  or lacking of it........

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Okay, I give Capital One officially can bite my Texas butt!

First off tell your husband thank you for his service!  Take a breathe and relax.  Are you a member of nfcu yet?  If so move all your attention to them they will grow with you and well capital one wont.  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 11
luckelle
Regular Contributor

Man if I had the strength I would tell my story. Well ill say this..... If I didnt need the cards history I would cut it in to little pieces. Customer service puts you on hold then hangs up on you. Supr have to verify funds before they become availible the next day. Ughhh 30min on the phone with them. well, they must be making money cause they gotta know there service sucks pig butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 3 of 11
tbc
New Contributor

Rooty.  I assure you I will thank that beautiful man when he gets here....Smiley Wink

We are members of NFCU. 

He is also with USAA.  They have treated him right, so he as of yet to move his stuff to NFCU.  I have individual credit (secured card) with them, and checking and saving, and my hunny and I have joint auto loans, and he has a personal sig loan with them.

He keeps thinking we are gonna be refused a line of credit, cause I got him to call USAA to ask for a credit limit increase on his USAA AMEX , they respectfully declined his request.

NFCU, has been a saint and god send to both of us, thru the auto loans and personal loan.

We were just trying to get my score over that 600 mark before apping, for a joint credit card, to be used solely for travel purposes. 

It was a plan, that was just delayed.  so be it. 

Capital one, has sent in an investigation as to why my account is reporting like that, and for the reason, I had a fraud alert earlier this week, where they wanted to verify a checking account, where I have my payments auto debited.

To me, something sounds iffy, with them.  No straight answers. 

I did however tell the lovely Brice from West Texas I wish to God, I had found out about NFCU prior to the secured card I got with Cap One. 

It is what it is.  Patience is the key.

But lord baby sweet Jesus..............just sometimes you wanna catch a break.........................

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 4 of 11
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

Cap1 is unique.  I will give them that.  I have max the CL to $3K secured and if it weren't for the fact that the card is a nice secondary ID (it has my picture on it), the card would be sock drawer ASAP!  It has the highest interest rate of all the cards I own.  Call CapOne, tell them you want a supervisor as you want to close your card.  They will transfer you to someone who is English speaking and sensible them 90% of the time, I guarantee it.  for the other ten percent, hang up and try again. 

I would routine pay on my cards and use them again.  I went to am Amscot to pay my bill and as I had made money on a side job used the $2 next day bill pay service.  CapOne put the hold on the funds.  I waited the week and noticed the hold was still there.  I called Cap1 and was informed that an extended hold was placed due to the amount of the payment (cash at Amscot).  The rep called Amscot, verified everything and said the hold would be off.  One week later no hold release.  I called CapOne and has told the payment had not verified.  I did the above and hold was removed that minute.  No crap.  Any other card, payment posts next day.  I accidentally BOUNCED a payment with PNC and never had a hold on subsequent payments. 

Don't take their nonsense.

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 5 of 11
compassion101
Established Contributor

Novus was a partnered company with Discovercard until a few years ago, I'm not sure they exist anymore, they have replaced by the Discover network. I think what the company he meant to say was innovis, they are a credit bureau that is distantly 4th to the 3 we all know and are not as widely used by lenders. Not sure if Innovis has a FICO score or not. 

Message 6 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That's just subprime Cap1 customer service, it sucks.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 11
MaryJane197
Regular Contributor

Tell your honey thank you for his service!  Also my husband sat on the phone for a hour and 45 minutes waiting to talk to a supervisor in order to get a fee waived that was a mistake on our CC department.  The CSR said she couldnt do it.   But she kept picking up the phone to make sure we were still waiting.  She kept saying sorry sir but all of our supervisors got busy all of the sudden so it could be a extremely long wait.  My husband kept replying i have nothing to do BUT wait!  After waiting the same CSR came back on the line and took care of our fee, the same fee she said earlier she couldnt fix for us!

07/14/20:-TransUnion: 528 / Equifax: 521, / Experian: 666
Filed BK 01/24/2020
Message 8 of 11
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

for building/rebuilding which i assume you are based on your scores i would choose nfcu over usaa.  nfcu will show love now where as usaa will hesitate until you have virtually perfect credit

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 thing I have realized is that Capital One customer service is only as good as the person you get.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.