cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

tag
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

Lol alright. Apparently what I just said was overlooked.

So Solution for next time. Next time you see Hard Pull or Soft pull in the thread or the post, click the next link. Solved.

No one asked for anybody to be rude, so just leave it at that.
Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 31 of 39
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

Any request for credit is considered permissable purpose. The fact that you clarified in the email that you only want a soft pull doesn't matter. Once a request for credit is initiated by the consumer, the creditor reserves the right to do a hard inquiry if they so desire. Unfortunatley, that is how the law is set up and you will have an impossible time trying to remove this inquiry.

I am writing this having been in your shoes before. I definitely know how fustrating it feels. My best advice to you is to learn from this and just let the inquiry age off. You got the increase so the inquiry wasn't totally in vain. You have to choose your battles in life. I don't think this one is worth it.

Message 32 of 39
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Okay...my original question from my post...is whether or not my inquiry is disputable or not. If it is, great, thanks for the feedback. If it's not, great, thanks for the feedback.

Apparently this thread was a soft subject for some people.
Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 33 of 39
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@Newyorkguy

Thanks for the info.

Good to know someone else went through the same thing.
Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 34 of 39
android01
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
The phrasing of your words. You can be honest and express your opinion without suggesting someone 'STFU'

Again, just MO.

Sorry 09Lexie if I don't meet your "politically correct" phrasing, but the sentiment remains the same.  I am not a politically correct person, and never will be.  I was being honest, based on experience.  The damage that hard pulls create on credit reports is overrated unless you have many of them.  To dispute a single inquiry is ridiculous, as it has no real effect on FICO scoring.  Whether a single inquiry prevents someone from getting the TL or CLI that they "feel" they deserve is a falacy.  There are reasons that creditors do what they do, or don't do, and people need to get used to that fact, and stop complaining about it.         

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 35 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My comments were directed to your tone. We are all on this forum for honest opinions. It is in the way you phrased yours.

As for the subject of HP vs Cli- I agree that if you ask for an increase, term reduction or better APR- it is at the lenders' discretion and more often than not it will result in a HP.

Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone
Message 36 of 39
android01
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
My comments were directed to your tone. We are all on this forum for honest opinions. It is in the way you phrased yours.

As for the subject of HP vs Cli- I agree that if you ask for an increase, term reduction or better APR- it is at the lenders' discretion and more often than not it will result in a HP.

Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone

Pardon my "tone".  I "phrased" it in the most honest straightforward way I know how to do.  "Tone" doesn't matter to creditors - everything is a hard calculation, and if you don't meet it, then all of the "tone" and "intentions" and "feelings" don't matter.  Credit, and the seeking of, accumulation of, and use of, is a matter of numbers and predictive formulas.  Why sugarcoat the obvious?  Why would I not tell it how I see it, and have experienced it for 40+ years?  So, if I offended your sensibilities, I apologize, but it doesn't change the facts.  If, in the future, if you have a prefferred way I should communicate, then please IM me, and I'll consider it.  Being supportive and helpful has no meaning without truth, however harsh the reality may be, IMO.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 37 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 38 of 39
android01
Valued Contributor

Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.