Established Contributor
zeusta20

Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

Alright peeps,

So, a couple days ago, I send a message to my 1st Financial Bank USA credit department about doing a SOFT PULL for a possible increase. Today I get a call from the rep and she tells me that they don't do soft pulls. So I said, "alright, nevermind then. I'll just stick with my current credit limit because I don't want to have an inquiry show up on my credit report."

She then tells me, "Oh...We've already done it. Thats the reason why I was calling is because in order to proceed with the increase, I need a little bit more information. Since its already done, would you still like to stay at your current limit or just proceed with the increase?"

I was shocked. I really didn't know whether to be upset, or be nice. So I decided to be nice and just give her the info she requested. Good news, they increased my limit from 4900 to 6400. BUT, Do you guys think I can dispute this inquiry, becaues in my email, I SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT I WANTED TO SEE HOW I COULD GET A CLI THROUGH A SOFT PULL. NOT A HARD PULL. The rep is the one who called me up saying that its already been done. So basically it was done without my consent.

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13
Established Contributor
DiabolicallyRandom

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

I am pretty sure they can HP anytime they want.

New Contributor
pats23

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

What do you have to lose by disputing it. Dispute it tell them to provide proof of you authorizing a hard pull. if it doesnt work then dispute again...and again....and one more time for good sake.

I actually got a baddie from when I was 18 six years ago removed this way, just kept disputing finally they must have not have responded within the time frame...

So it cant hurt!

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Valued Contributor
j_casteel

pats23 wrote:

What do you have to lose by disputing it. Dispute it tell them to provide proof of you authorizing a hard pull. if it doesnt work then dispute again...and again....and one more time for good sake.

I actually got a baddie from when I was 18 six years ago removed this way, just kept disputing finally they must have not have responded within the time frame...

So it cant hurt!

disputing something that you want off b/c you don't like it or don't agree with is wrong. however, disputing items that are incorrect is what you're suppose to do.

| AMEX Zync | Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $12k | NavChek $15k | NFCU $7.5k | Lowes $15k | BoA WMC $8.1k | Freedom $3k | Discover $4k | CSP $5k |
Starting Score: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Score: EQ:658 EX:698 TU:691
Goal Score: 700
New Contributor
pats23

j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

So it cant hurt!

disputing something that you want off b/c you don't like it or don't agree with is wrong. however, disputing items that are incorrect is what you're suppose to do.

hey to each his own man....wrong to you, but I was an 18 year old kid that messed up, now im finnancial responsible with a good paying job. Didn't really feel like having a low 600 score for ten years. Now a nice 700 with no blemishes......that doesnt seem wrong to me

$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
myjourney

Congrats:smileyhappy:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it
Valued Contributor
j_casteel

pats23 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

So it cant hurt!

hey to each his own man....wrong to you, but I was an 18 year old kid that messed up, now im finnancial responsible with a good paying job. Didn't really feel like having a low 600 score for ten years. Now a nice 700 with no blemishes......that doesnt seem wrong to me

you're new here so i suggest checking out the stickies and the myFICO policies.

i'm glad it worked out for you and you seem to have bettered yourself, but advocating what you did is against forum policies.

| AMEX Zync | Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $12k | NavChek $15k | NFCU $7.5k | Lowes $15k | BoA WMC $8.1k | Freedom $3k | Discover $4k | CSP $5k |
Starting Score: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Score: EQ:658 EX:698 TU:691
Goal Score: 700
Established Contributor
awdsmama

[ Edited ]

After you sent the email you were told by a CSR that it was a HP.  They asked if you wanted to proceed or not and you did. So no I don't really think you should dispute it.  If you really didn't want the HP you could have said no don't proceed THEN dispute it....

PS-- congrats on the increase

EQ Fico: 682 TU-Discover FICO: 694
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
New Contributor
pats23

j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

So it cant hurt!

you're new here so i suggest checking out the stickies and the myFICO policies.

i'm glad it worked out for you and you seem to have bettered yourself, but advocating what you did is against forum policies.

ahhhh I have now read the sticky and apoligize, did not know

Established Contributor
zeusta20

awdsmama wrote:

After you sent the email you were told by a CSR that it was a HP.  They asked if you wanted to proceed or not and you did. So no I don't really think you should dispute it.  If you really didn't want the HP you could have said no don't proceed THEN dispute it....

PS-- congrats on the increase

I get what you're saying, but she had me on the phone, so I had to make a decision right then and there. When she told me that it was a HP, I basically had just that opportunity to make a decision within less than a minute. So I did because I'm not going to let a HP go to waste. On another note, I never authorized. I don't care if they lower my limit BACK to what it used to be...I just don't want that HP on my credit.

CL-5kNPSLCL-3.6kCL-4kCL-7.5kCL-7kCL 7.9kCL-4.2k
GARDENING SINCE 07/13/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+