cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

Established Contributor

Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

Alright peeps,

 

So, a couple days ago, I send a message to my 1st Financial Bank USA credit department about doing a SOFT PULL for a possible increase. Today I get a call from the rep and she tells me that they don't do soft pulls. So I said, "alright, nevermind then. I'll just stick with my current credit limit because I don't want to have an inquiry show up on my credit report."

 

She then tells me, "Oh...We've already done it. Thats the reason why I was calling is because in order to proceed with the increase, I need a little bit more information. Since its already done, would you still like to stay at your current limit or just proceed with the increase?"

 

I was shocked. I really didn't know whether to be upset, or be nice. So I decided to be nice and just give her the info she requested. Good news, they increased my limit from 4900 to 6400. BUT, Do you guys think I can dispute this inquiry, becaues in my email, I SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT I WANTED TO SEE HOW I COULD GET A CLI THROUGH A SOFT PULL. NOT A HARD PULL. The rep is the one who called me up saying that its already been done. So basically it was done without my consent.

Chase Sapphire Reserve-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
38 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

I am pretty sure they can HP anytime they want.

Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

What do you have to lose by disputing it. Dispute it tell them to provide proof of you authorizing a hard pull. if it doesnt work then dispute again...and again....and one more time for good sake.

 

I actually got a baddie from when I was 18 six years ago removed this way, just kept disputing finally they must have not have responded within the time frame...

So it cant hurt!


$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Valued Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.


pats23 wrote:

What do you have to lose by disputing it. Dispute it tell them to provide proof of you authorizing a hard pull. if it doesnt work then dispute again...and again....and one more time for good sake.

 

I actually got a baddie from when I was 18 six years ago removed this way, just kept disputing finally they must have not have responded within the time frame...

So it cant hurt!


disputing something that you want off b/c you don't like it or don't agree with is wrong. however, disputing items that are incorrect is what you're suppose to do.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.


j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

What do you have to lose by disputing it. Dispute it tell them to provide proof of you authorizing a hard pull. if it doesnt work then dispute again...and again....and one more time for good sake.

 

I actually got a baddie from when I was 18 six years ago removed this way, just kept disputing finally they must have not have responded within the time frame...

So it cant hurt!


disputing something that you want off b/c you don't like it or don't agree with is wrong. however, disputing items that are incorrect is what you're suppose to do.


hey to each his own man....wrong to you, but I was an 18 year old kid that messed up, now im finnancial responsible with a good paying job. Didn't really feel like having a low 600 score for ten years. Now a nice 700 with no blemishes......that doesnt seem wrong to me


$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Super Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

CongratsSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Valued Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.


pats23 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

What do you have to lose by disputing it. Dispute it tell them to provide proof of you authorizing a hard pull. if it doesnt work then dispute again...and again....and one more time for good sake.

 

I actually got a baddie from when I was 18 six years ago removed this way, just kept disputing finally they must have not have responded within the time frame...

So it cant hurt!


disputing something that you want off b/c you don't like it or don't agree with is wrong. however, disputing items that are incorrect is what you're suppose to do.


hey to each his own man....wrong to you, but I was an 18 year old kid that messed up, now im finnancial responsible with a good paying job. Didn't really feel like having a low 600 score for ten years. Now a nice 700 with no blemishes......that doesnt seem wrong to me


you're new here so i suggest checking out the stickies and the myFICO policies.

 

i'm glad it worked out for you and you seem to have bettered yourself, but advocating what you did is against forum policies.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Established Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

After you sent the email you were told by a CSR that it was a HP.  They asked if you wanted to proceed or not and you did. So no I don't really think you should dispute it.  If you really didn't want the HP you could have said no don't proceed THEN dispute it....

 

PS-- congrats on the increase

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.


j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

j_casteel wrote:

pats23 wrote:

What do you have to lose by disputing it. Dispute it tell them to provide proof of you authorizing a hard pull. if it doesnt work then dispute again...and again....and one more time for good sake.

 

I actually got a baddie from when I was 18 six years ago removed this way, just kept disputing finally they must have not have responded within the time frame...

So it cant hurt!


disputing something that you want off b/c you don't like it or don't agree with is wrong. however, disputing items that are incorrect is what you're suppose to do.


hey to each his own man....wrong to you, but I was an 18 year old kid that messed up, now im finnancial responsible with a good paying job. Didn't really feel like having a low 600 score for ten years. Now a nice 700 with no blemishes......that doesnt seem wrong to me


you're new here so i suggest checking out the stickies and the myFICO policies.

 

i'm glad it worked out for you and you seem to have bettered yourself, but advocating what you did is against forum policies.


ahhhh I have now read the sticky and apoligize, did not know


$4000----------- $5000------------$15000-------------$3500-------------NPSL----------$2500------------$5000----------$10000--------$5000
Established Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.


awdsmama wrote:

After you sent the email you were told by a CSR that it was a HP.  They asked if you wanted to proceed or not and you did. So no I don't really think you should dispute it.  If you really didn't want the HP you could have said no don't proceed THEN dispute it....

 

PS-- congrats on the increase


I get what you're saying, but she had me on the phone, so I had to make a decision right then and there. When she told me that it was a HP, I basically had just that opportunity to make a decision within less than a minute. So I did because I'm not going to let a HP go to waste. On another note, I never authorized. I don't care if they lower my limit BACK to what it used to be...I just don't want that HP on my credit.

Chase Sapphire Reserve-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735