cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

I am gone for a few hours to my Pilates/Yoga class and find you 'inadvertently' out of the garden?!
Shaking my head!
Message 11 of 39
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: Okay...I'm not in the garden anymore! But not by choice! Need some advice pls.

@09Lexie wrote:
I am gone for a few hours to my Pilates/Yoga class and find you 'inadvertently' out of the garden?!
Shaking my head!

NOT BY CHOICE THOUGH!!! IT WASNT MY FAULT...LOL. You gotta believe me! lol

My credit card company called me and told me they did a HP even though I didn't authorize it. I SPECIFICALLY said that I wanted to try to do a CLI through a SP because I DID NOT WANT IT TO SHOW ON MY CREDIT. And they did it anyways.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 12 of 39
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:

I am pretty sure they can HP anytime they want.

And I don't think they can. Not without your consent. As far as I know at least. I work for a bank, so I know its against regulations for us to even pull a customers CR without their authorization. Because thats running their social. Which is basically the same thing that happens with Identity Theft. (other people applying for things in your name)

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 13 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Now you sound like my kids! 'Its not my fault, they made me do it!' Lol
Message 14 of 39
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Now you sound like my kids! 'Its not my fault, they made me do it!' Lol

hahahahaa....well they did!! lol. Except in this case, they didn't make me. They just did it without my knowledge.

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 15 of 39
zeusta20
Established Contributor

The thing is...I sent an email. I didn't expect ANYTHING to be done without a response back. But instead, they responded back saying they already ran it.

Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 16 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 39
zeusta20
Established Contributor

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE I SENT

Your Original Message

Message ID: #8168385916

I've been a customer for almost 5 years now. I've NEVER missed a payment. How can I request a Credit Limit Increase to where it WILL NOT be a hard pull on my credit so it won't show up on my credit report. Also, since i've paid on time and never missed a payment, is it possible to receive a lower interest rate as well? 

Thank you for your time!

Dear Z***,

Thank you for your recent message. In determining if you qualify for a credit line increase our Underwriting department will need to review your payment and credit history and will also need to consider your ability to make the required minimum periodic payments under the terms of your account. Additionally the Underwriting department will need to obtain information from a credit-reporting agency and may also need to contact you to obtain some additional information. If necessary, they may attempt to contact you at the primary and secondary phone numbers listed on your account. 

If you have any questions, just call your Customer Service Representatives by dialing toll-free 1-800-733-1732. Mon – Fri 8 – 5 pm CT excluding Federal holidays. 

Sincerely, 

Customer Service Team

MIND YOU, this message was sent AFTER the underwriter contacted me.
Chase Freedom-4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
Message 18 of 39
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

1. While you are free to do anything you want, you aren't likely to get the pull removed. You explicitly ask for a lower interest rate. That meets "permissible use" all by itself.
2. You should always be prepared for a hard pull. Even when told it will be soft. Even when the members of this forum swear it will be soft. If you can't afford the hard pull, don't ask for a CLI.
3. What do you mean you can't afford a hard pull? Do you have a mortgage app in? Closing in the next 6 months? If not, at worst it delays your next round of applications by a month. In return, you have a higher limit card, which from your other threads is very important to you. You wanted more credit, you got it, it cost you an inquiry.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 19 of 39
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Can't usually be successfully disputed.

Been down this road with Citi and even wrote to their resolution dept. Specifically said I didn't want an HP, blah blah blah..... The HP falls off next year, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.