cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, now I know where the Crapital One talk comes from....

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Okay, now I know where the Crapital One talk comes from....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Must be a backstory, that sounds strange.

Apparently it triggered a fraud alert because I make payments from two different bank accounts.  I've been doing this for the past year for both Cap One credit cards and my auto loan.

I also pay from 3 bank accounts and have never ever had any issues. none.

Message 11 of 17
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

CRAP ONE !! YUSS!! 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 12 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Just because they wont clear the payment and up your available credit doesnt mean it wont report the actual balance after the payment. If they accept the payment then they have to report include it in the statement balance but they can hold off increasing your available credit by the time periods allowed by law

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do that, that is why I started paying them from my bill pay from my bank. Much less of a hassle.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've always revolved a balance and all of a sudden you've paid it off, any bank is going wait for it to clear before your available credit reflects the large payment (although your balance should go down to zero in the mean time). This hold can last up to 2 weeks and harassing them won't help. It's standard banking practice and reflects prudent risk management.
Message 15 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

the first time I made a decently sized payment on my cap1 card (like 3k)i was told they would hold the funds for a week before clearing, but that I could call and ask that they clear the payment immediately, and I did, and they did. Smiley Tongue

this sounds like something different, cap1 wanting to talk to OPs bank. that's just weird.
Message 16 of 17
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

OP I had the same thing happen to me when my CL was only 2500. I would charge that and pay it off within 2 days. They started to hold my payments for fraud alerts claiming it appeared I was money laundering.

I had to speak to the EO to get it resolved. Since than I never ever had an issue with the fraud alerts, same phone call got my CL up to 6k In January I was making multiple payments to pay it off just as quick as I spent it. This triggered the CLI to 20k

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.