Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, that explains it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, that explains it!

About a week ago when I logged in to my eBates Visa account I got a message that I needed to activate the card. Thought it was probably a glitch, and re-activated no problem. Today I got a new chip card in the mail. Now I know. Anybody else get their chip version of the eBates yet?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Okay, that explains it!

Yesterday

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap, I received the same message when I logged into my Visa account,  and I really wish they would notify us in advance if they are sending new cards so we know to look out for it in the mail. I've had things lost/stolen from the mail so would definitely appreciate knowing if a credit card is in transit and to expect it.

Synchrony did this for the AEO Visa too about a month ago, and I didn't know that one was coming in advance either.

I called Ebates Visa after receiving that message and they were able to tell me that a new chip card was sent out to me a few days ago. Did your chip card have the same numbers and expiration date on it as your original?

My Ebates Visa is new as of July, but I have heard that this one is difficult to get a CLI on. Has that been your experience? Thanks.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cap, I received the same message when I logged into my Visa account,  and I really wish they would notify us in advance if they are sending new cards so we know to look out for it in the mail. I've had things lost/stolen from the mail so would definitely appreciate knowing if a credit card is in transit and to expect it.

Synchrony did this for the AEO Visa too about a month ago, and I didn't know that one was coming in advance either.

I called Ebates Visa after receiving that message and they were able to tell me that a new chip card was sent out to me a few days ago. Did your chip card have the same numbers and expiration date on it as your original?

My Ebates Visa is new as of July, but I have heard that this one is difficult to get a CLI on. Has that been your experience? Thanks.

Same number, but the expiration date changed. Got mine in April, zero luck squeezing out a CLI and I've tried the link, chat, robo phone, and human phone.

Message 4 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

That happened to me on Barclay Rewards. A few days later I got the card..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 5 of 16
NRB525
Super Contributor

My Citi AAdvantage Platinum started doing that, looking for activiation, then a WEMC upgraded version showed up.

So I activated it!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 16
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I just got new chip version cards for my AMEX green and USAA Platinum Visa and both have new 2020 exp. dates. They both notified me via mail and website that they were coming.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I just got new chip version cards for my AMEX green and USAA Platinum Visa and both have new 2020 exp. dates. They both notified me via mail and website that they were coming.

No Amex ones yet.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 8 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

About a week ago when I logged in to my eBates Visa account I got a message that I needed to activate the card. Thought it was probably a glitch, and re-activated no problem. Today I got a new chip card in the mail. Now I know. Anybody else get their chip version of the eBates yet?

Weird Ebates thing happened for me speaking of glitch. I never called them to request any replacement cards last month but signing in one day i noticed a message that mentioned "activate your new Ebates Visa card", uh well mine was already activated and been used since last December but i went ahead and keyed it in anyway and then a few days later a new UNCHIPPED plain Ebates Visa card showed up in the mail. Ok so i eliminate the old one since they sent a new one. Strange because i never requested it but alright.

Fast forward yesterday and wallah, another Ebates Visa card only this time the CHIPPED version. Whatever. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird Ebates thing happened for me speaking of glitch. I never called them to request any replacement cards last month but signing in one day i noticed a message that mentioned "activate your new Ebates Visa card", uh well mine was already activated and been used since last December but i went ahead and keyed it in anyway and then a few days later a new UNCHIPPED plain Ebates Visa card showed up in the mail. Ok so i eliminate the old one since they sent a new one. Strange because i never requested it but alright.

Fast forward yesterday and wallah, another Ebates Visa card only this time the CHIPPED version. Whatever. 

Seems they really have their act together. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.