Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay when to app again !

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Okay when to app again !

I am one card away from completing my card list. I was denied credit for to many inquirys, 21 various inquirys over the last month. The question is should I wait 12 months or six months safe to app again for American Express or Citi ?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Okay when to app again !

21 inq in one month? Which report? Are they for an auto loan? I would say wait 11 months so they are at least a yr old.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

I am one card away from completing my card list. I was denied credit for to many inquirys, 21 various inquirys over the last month. The question is should I wait 12 months or six months safe to app again for American Express or Citi ?

You could try at 6 months but make sure your utilization is way down to improve your chances. Inquires after 6 months have little effect. After 12 months have almost no effect on your score. Some lenders may go only as far back as 3 months others 6 or even a year, really no way of telling. I am going to try with Chase and American Express at the 6 month mark for me (had lots of inquires back in Aug.) if denied cuz of inquiries i am then going to wait a whole year. I am taking a chance and see what happens.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@dodgeball wrote:

Smiley Surprised 21!

Message 4 of 6
dodgeball
Established Contributor

No about 15 of them where in Dec on Equifax. The rest from the previous month. About 7 of them where for Credit Card pulls the rest where for limit increases NFCU and three where for membership to various banks. I was thinking letting them age for a year myself. It seems that most CC companies only count inquires in the past year though I could be wrong on that I know at least USAA does.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 5 of 6
dodgeball
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

Smiley Surprised 21!

The Hit on Inquiries is overated , any way they all pulled equifax I have only like 3 on transunion

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.