Established Contributor
dodgeball

Okay when to app again !

I am one card away from completing my card list. I was denied credit for to many inquirys, 21 various inquirys over the last month. The question is should I wait 12 months or six months safe to app again for American Express or Citi ?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Valued Contributor
Duncanrr

Re: Okay when to app again !

21 inq in one month? Which report? Are they for an auto loan? I would say wait 11 months so they are at least a yr old.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 688 TU 727 EX 704 CK 696 (FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

dodgeball wrote:

I am one card away from completing my card list. I was denied credit for to many inquirys, 21 various inquirys over the last month. The question is should I wait 12 months or six months safe to app again for American Express or Citi ?

You could try at 6 months but make sure your utilization is way down to improve your chances. Inquires after 6 months have little effect. After 12 months have almost no effect on your score. Some lenders may go only as far back as 3 months others 6 or even a year, really no way of telling. I am going to try with Chase and American Express at the 6 month mark for me (had lots of inquires back in Aug.) if denied cuz of inquiries i am then going to wait a whole year. I am taking a chance and see what happens.

last app: 4/14/14---Barclays US Airways (10k)---US Bank Flex Travel Rewards (7.5K)---no more applications till September (Amex Delta)

cards in wallet for daily use: Chase CSP(15k), BofA Privilege(30K), Amex BCP(2K), Green, Discover (8k)
cards for travel: Citi AA WEMC(20K), Citi Prestige(11.5K), Chase Ritz(20K) or Marriott(5K), Barclays Arrival(5.5K)

09Lexie

dodgeball wrote:

:smileysurprised: 21!

Established Contributor
dodgeball

No about 15 of them where in Dec on Equifax. The rest from the previous month. About 7 of them where for Credit Card pulls the rest where for limit increases NFCU and three where for membership to various banks. I was thinking letting them age for a year myself. It seems that most CC companies only count inquires in the past year though I could be wrong on that I know at least USAA does.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Established Contributor
dodgeball

[ Edited ]

09Lexie wrote:

dodgeball wrote:

:smileysurprised: 21!

The Hit on Inquiries is overated , any way they all pulled equifax I have only like 3 on transunion

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+