cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old CC Account Statment

tag
hoodun

Old CC Account Statment

I had a Capital one account in good standing back in 2005. This however was deleted from my credit report when I hired an attorney to remove negative items. I would like to get this good standing mark back on my report since I need the history.

Any idea what I can do? Is Capital One suppose to keep old records? After seven years?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Old CC Account Statment

Welcome to the forum!

once an account is closed and deleted the CRA will not repost unless the cc requests the tl added. I doubt if cap one would update this account for you as a TL. It isn't to their benefit.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

once an account is closed and deleted the CRA will not repost unless the cc requests the tl added. I doubt if cap one would update this account for you as a TL. It isn't to their benefit.

Good luck!

+1

If the TL has met the credit reporting guidelines (adhering to the FCRA) and being that it was closed and deleted It will not be re-added.  Once that history is gone, it is gone for good.

Message 3 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@hoodun wrote:

I had a Capital one account in good standing back in 2005. This however was deleted from my credit report when I hired an attorney to remove negative items. I would like to get this good standing mark back on my report since I need the history.

Any idea what I can do? Is Capital One suppose to keep old records? After seven years?

That's ashame...but I hope that in the balance the lawyer did more good than harm...Smiley Frustrated

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 6
hoodun

The lawyer was able to get all the negative stuff off my report, though I would not have done it again looking back. In the time it took for him to do so, I only had an extra two years where all that info would have been deleted at the 7 year mark. Being that my credit history was short, I could not get a decent loan or cc anyway. It also really hurt my score when that old good standing card was removed. So it was not worth it. 

edit by webhopper

Message 5 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@hoodun wrote:

The lawyer was able to get all the negative stuff off my report, though I would not have done it again looking back. In the time it took for him to do so, I only had an extra two years where all that info would have been deleted at the 7 year mark. Being that my credit history was short, I could not get a decent loan or cc anyway. It also really hurt my score when that old good standing card was removed. So it was not worth it. 

edit by webhopper

Just a case of live and learn best wishes

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.