hoodun

Old CC Account Statment

I had a Capital one account in good standing back in 2005. This however was deleted from my credit report when I hired an attorney to remove negative items. I would like to get this good standing mark back on my report since I need the history.

Any idea what I can do? Is Capital One suppose to keep old records? After seven years?

09Lexie

Re: Old CC Account Statment

Welcome to the forum!

once an account is closed and deleted the CRA will not repost unless the cc requests the tl added. I doubt if cap one would update this account for you as a TL. It isn't to their benefit.

Good luck!
Valued Contributor
FinStar

09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

once an account is closed and deleted the CRA will not repost unless the cc requests the tl added. I doubt if cap one would update this account for you as a TL. It isn't to their benefit.

Good luck!

+1

If the TL has met the credit reporting guidelines (adhering to the FCRA) and being that it was closed and deleted It will not be re-added.  Once that history is gone, it is gone for good.

Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

hoodun wrote:

I had a Capital one account in good standing back in 2005. This however was deleted from my credit report when I hired an attorney to remove negative items. I would like to get this good standing mark back on my report since I need the history.

Any idea what I can do? Is Capital One suppose to keep old records? After seven years?

That's ashame...but I hope that in the balance the lawyer did more good than harm...:smileyfrustrated:

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zpsf395b751.jpg
hoodun

[ Edited ]

The lawyer was able to get all the negative stuff off my report, though I would not have done it again looking back. In the time it took for him to do so, I only had an extra two years where all that info would have been deleted at the 7 year mark. Being that my credit history was short, I could not get a decent loan or cc anyway. It also really hurt my score when that old good standing card was removed. So it was not worth it. 

edit by webhopper

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

hoodun wrote:

The lawyer was able to get all the negative stuff off my report, though I would not have done it again looking back. In the time it took for him to do so, I only had an extra two years where all that info would have been deleted at the 7 year mark. Being that my credit history was short, I could not get a decent loan or cc anyway. It also really hurt my score when that old good standing card was removed. So it was not worth it. 

edit by webhopper

Just a case of live and learn best wishes

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}