Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Credit Card Images - nostalgia & memories

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Credit Card Images - nostalgia & memories

Do you remember any of these?   If you have any interesting old CC images, CC ads or other relevant items, share them here just for fun.

Here's a link to Carte Blanche ad and card....was too big an image to post here:

http://graphic-design.tjs-labs.com/pictures/carte-si-05-25-1959-015.jpg

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-01-2009 04:49 PM
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card nostalgia & memories

Where on earth did you get that?????  Does DC even exist anymore?
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh, the miracle of Google Images Smiley Very Happy

Yes, Diner's still exists, though I don't know much about Diner's and Carte Blanc these days.  My father had them both back in the 70/80's.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is actaully a booming business on EBAY, selling "Vintage credit cards". You can look up "CREDIT CARDS" in the Collectables area and there are quite a few.
Message 4 of 19
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

That's funny that the "terms" are so limited that they can fit it all on the back side!!!  Smiley Very Happy

These days it's the size of a freakin' NOVEL!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Here's my favorite CC, but for some reason they closed it rather quickly:

Message Edited by llecs on 08-01-2009 04:29 PM
Message 6 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I had a Diners Club card in the 1980's. It was one of my favorites. Very serious status. At the time Diners was fully owned by Citibank. Diner's network is now owned by Discover. The cards are still issued through Citigroup.

In April 2008, Discover Card and Citibank announced that Discover would purchase the Diners Club Network from Citi for $165 million. In May 2008, the U.S. approved the transaction. Discover stated that the Diners Club network, which is a major network outside North America will be merged with the Discover Network which is a major network in North America, creating an international network for Discover Cards and Diners Club cards. Diners Club cards will continue to be issued by Diners Club International licensees, including Citibank. Discover Bank has no plans to issue Diners Club branded cards. Discover purchased the network, but not the licensees issuing the cards. The deal was completed on July 1, 2008.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Added a few more oldies to the OP.

Message 8 of 19
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

My first MasterCharge looked a lot like that (Chemical Bank issued, now known as JP Morgan Chase). It was issued in 1977 or 1978.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thats exactly what my first Master CHarge looked like, two giant circles with the name of the issuring bank at the top.

That is also what my original Bank Americard looked like. What was funny, they issued cards with a "star" symbol, by the date and the Bank told me that meant the merchant could let me charge up to $100 without having to call it in for approval. Otherwise the limit was $50.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.