Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Credit Card that was purchased and Reinstated still shows negative

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Credit Card that was purchased and Reinstated still shows negative

I had a old Credit Card that went in collections several years ago.  About 3 years ago I was contacted by Plains Bank in reference to this matter.  I was offered another credit card for what was owed on the old debt of 530.00.  The Plains card has been current and paid on time since I got it.  However the CRA still reports the Best Buy debt as Transferred,closed?Account charged off.  This debt is due to fall of in 2010.  Is it best to leave it be or to send the information I have to the CRAs. 

I also have a Credit Card with Comp USA that went into default.  This time I settled with the CAs who informed that the debt would be showed settled in full.  However the CRA has Transferred, closed / Account charged Off.  This debt is due to fall off in 2009.  Should I dispute or let it fall off.  I am afaird that if I say anything about paying that it will restart the date. 

Any help thanks
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.