Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy Credit Card CL DECREASE!!!!

tag
LyonsPride
Established Member

Old Navy Credit Card CL DECREASE!!!!

I went online this morning to pay a small $90 balance on my Old Navy credit card and noticed that just yesterday they lowered my cl from $2200.00 to $250!!!!!  WTH?!  I have always paid my card on time.  This is my oldest card since i started rebuilding my credit 2 years ago.  I did go on an app spree last month and go approved for some great cards, but only 2 are GEMB cards to my knowledge and even adding those two cl to what Old Navy has now lowered my cl to doesn't come close to what I had!  I am so annoyed!  The card has been in my sd for the past month because I don't need it now that I have prime cards, but it's lowered my overall credit amount.  Just when I thought things were going so well...

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Old Navy Credit Card CL DECREASE!!!!

Sorry to hear about that!!

Target did the same thing to me because I was not using the card enough. And then the next time I tried to use it...they had closed the account. I think it is pretty common for store cards to act this way.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 11
LyonsPride
Established Member

Until a few weeks ago it was my main card because of the credit limit.  I actually had a pretty high balance on it until January when I paid it off.  They were actually making money off of me!

Message 3 of 11
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Any other baddies come up this happened to my gap a year ago I was a week late plus a 30 day late it sucks but can happen. I'd call them and see what the problem is.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13

Message 4 of 11
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

Did you call Old Navy & ask them why ?

Message 5 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

Have you called GE's backdoor number to find out the reason behind the cld, you maybe able to explain to position on this issue and restore your cl..Wish you the best of luck!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 11
LyonsPride
Established Member

I only called customer service not the backdoor and they couldn't help me at all.  I have to wait for the letter is all they would tell me.  I had an old T-Mobile account show up on my cr recently from Midland Credit (demon spawn and they seem to be showing up as a factoring account (demon spawn), but I paid it off in January.  I have not had any other late payments on my accounts in almost 3 years and no other baddies.  I was not planning on using the card, but hate that the decrease wil lower my overall credit amount on my cr...

Message 7 of 11
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

That's probably why. They sp frequently and if they see areas of concern down you go. Try calling back door have them sp a current report. But high utility though paid off plus collection they don't like it.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13

Message 8 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Ouch, Sorry to hear about the CLD.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yikes!! Sorry to hear that. Call Credit Solutions
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.