Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy SCT pre-approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Navy SCT pre-approval

I was just online shopping with ON on my phone, which I've done many times over the years. I just happened to notice that there was a pre-approval for their store card showing! First, I didn't know that ON
participated in the SCT. Second, I applied for this card in Feb and was not approved. Now, I don't want any new cards so I'm not taking it but I thought it was pretty cool to get the pre-approval. My scores are improving every day and I'm 6 months away from totally clean reports. I'm in the 642-662 range currently. This is my first non-Comenity pre-approval since beginning the rebuilding process.

Once I get to a PC, I'll post a picture of the screen for reference.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Old Navy SCT pre-approval

I dont think Synchrony has the Sct . Heaven help us all if they did! Lol Interesting to note thoughSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that's what I thought too but I have now added the photo.  This came up when I went to check out.  It wasn't a pop-up specifically, and it may be a HP, but isn't a credit card pre-approval offer at checkout the very definition of "Shopping Cart Trick"?  I was shocked myself. I did not t think Synchrony had this kind of pre-approval offer either.  Maybe ON has always done it and I've finally got the scores to trigger it.  

Would love to know if others have ever gotten this from Old Navy?

IMG_3142.PNG
Message 3 of 19
schsa210
Established Contributor

Is this something new that Sychrony is starting  to do now?  If so, uh oh!  At least with the Old Navy card, it has a chance to pc to the VISA brand. 

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 4 of 19
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wow this is awesome to know , maybe they are starting SCT on some cards . Hope so lol
Message 5 of 19
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Wow this is awesome to know , maybe they are starting SCT on some cards . Hope so lol

Maybe Walmart

Message 6 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@aduke1122, lol! I surely hope not though. Smiley Happy. You have seen whats been happing when people get multiple accounts with Synch lately, can you imagine if they had sct how many would try to get the card with knowledge on how cs worksSmiley Wink. It would turn Sync inside out ( my opinion onlySmiley Wink )

Im not sure if thats not just a teaser to make one apply for the credit card ,sort of like when you are at check out and they tell you can get 20% off if approved for the cc. Ive read that just because something says you are pre approved doesnt necessarily mean you will be. Could be wrong though maybe its a true preapproval but knowing Sync it would be a hp.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, that's what I thought too but I have now added the photo.  This came up when I went to check out.  It wasn't a pop-up specifically, and it may be a HP, but isn't a credit card pre-approval offer at checkout the very definition of "Shopping Cart Trick"?  I was shocked myself. I did not t think Synchrony had this kind of pre-approval offer either.  Maybe ON has always done it and I've finally got the scores to trigger it.  

Would love to know if others have ever gotten this from Old Navy?

What does it say when you click the "About This Offer" link?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will still pull your credit. Being preapproved does not mean you get a SP pass on applying for the card. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just tells me about the 15% off a first time purchase and the free shipping. I'll act like I'm going to accept it and see what happens.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.