Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy and AE upgrades?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Old Navy and AE upgrades?

Please share your stories if this has happened to you. When did you open the acct? CL when upgraded, and How long after acct open. Either AE or Old Navy credit cards. Thanks!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Old Navy and AE upgrades?

ALSO FOR THE MACYS AMEX WHEN DID YOU OPEN THE ACCT, CL WHEN OPENED NEW AMEX ACCT, AND HOW LONG AFTER ACCT OPEN.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 2 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Please share your stories if this has happened to you. When did you open the acct? CL when upgraded, and How long after acct open. Either AE or Old Navy credit cards. Thanks!!

I got ON last march. Then I found this forum and got CLIs every 4 mos. I rarely used the card - maybe 2 or 3 times. A year later, they offered me upgrade to the ON visa. I took it, but wish I hadn't. #1, it dropped my AAoA and my FICO took a hit. #2, I don't shop at ON enough to make their rewards worth using the card. 

On the other hand, I got Walmart last Nov. I've gotten a couple of CLIs, though not necessarily when I ask for them. No offer to upgrade to Discover yet, and Nov was my 1 yr anniv. GEMB doesn't appear to be the same with their different CCs. Also, I have used my Walmart card more than ON and always  PIF both accts.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 6
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I got an upgrade to Old Navy Visa....opened it in Jan of 2010

Got the upgrade in October of this year

Barely use my AE card. Matter if fact, I used it two times. Once when opened and Black Friday

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 4 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom Well at least its now a VISA the most accepted out of all Smiley Happy You can Also shop at GAP BR and some other stores im sure you already know this Smiley Tongue Thats nice In our case she will accept it because she doesnt plan on apping for any more major credit cards just wants current store cards to upgrade in order to use at other places. Thanls for sharing!!

Message 5 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Sparks1920 What was your store cl when offered Upgrade?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.