Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy approval but confused

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Old Navy approval but confused

@CS800 wrote:

I was in the store today and applied for the card. I know the system dertermines which one you get. The person in front of me applied too and got a $500 CL

So I was expecting the same. I do mine and it comes back approved. So i didnt ask what type of card but on my way home, call the customer service number. She says my CL is $3000 and its the store card.

Excited but confused, why didnt they just give me the Visa since I have this high CL?

Id be PISSED!

This is the part of GE that I hate and yes I know I have like 8-12 GE cards.... Why in the world would someone need a $3K Old Navy Card and WHY would that not qualify for the Visqa (Don't asnwer why you would need it because I could easily spend it!...)

Id call and ask for credit dept on monday and have a chat... Don't hold your breath that it will go well or get you a real answer, sometimes I wonder what the department is for when I talk to them (so many seem to have no idea what credit is!)

and to poster about other GE and bigger cl... NO

GE is wack! Computer makes all decisions, I know of CareCredit and Lowes being pretty easy to get recon for higher lines but as far as anything else computer decides and it seems it has no programming to actually notice previous GE experience and lines, etc. (Not like Amex!)

I have gotten 5 or 6 GE in a row and then got denied... waited 6 months and applied and got 3-4 more GE cards including the 1 previous declined for all isues that had not cahnged and declined for other GE at same time... Credit Department has never been able to over ride or really answer why I would get approved 1 and get denied another within 30 seconds... YAWN....

Message 11 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

I'll give them a call on Monday. Chances are they might tell me to reapply for a card. I know you can have the store card and the VIsa at the same time. That what I was told by the CSR.

So she wanted me to reapply...seriously ??

Message 12 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I'll give them a call on Monday. Chances are they might tell me to reapply for a card. I know you can have the store card and the VIsa at the same time. That what I was told by the CSR.

So she wanted me to reapply...seriously ??

WOW - haha... I think most of the GE CSR's are clueless to most things! THey can "read the script" but that's about all. Only once have I had good luck speaking with them.

You will get the upgraded card very soon I am sure. Smiley Happy

Congrats on the credit line too.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 13 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

When the GF app'd last year, she was given a 1k visa.  It's already been auto-cli to 4k.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 15
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

I don't get it either..I have $3350 I think on the store card..Had since 2008..Never gotten anything online or in mail that I"m aware of offering me the Visa version..I remember calling a few years ago and they said they was no offer for me there to upgrade..Not sure but I have the Gap visa so go figure..who knows with GE..LOL

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.