Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,501
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

Hello All...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that starts reading a post, and after a while realize the thing is over a year old or more...lol. Now...the rationale is that if the original post is interesting, why not revive it? The problem is that credit is an ever-changing topic, and the answers that were valid in 2009 may be totally wrong today. So...I was thinking that a different color bubble in front of an old post...the cut-off age of which would be decided by myFICO, would warn everyone that it is an old(er) post before we take the time to answer it as if it were new. I hardly ever notice the dates of posts until I get to the end...lol...:smileyembarrassed:! Thanks as always for any input or comments. I'd like credit for this, if it is implemented...LLOOLL!!

 photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps18aa1976.jpg
Moderator
Posts: 26,770
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,501
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...


09Lexie wrote:

I'll pass your idea on. 


Thank you, Lexie!

 photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps18aa1976.jpg
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 325
Registered: ‎10-04-2013
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

While we are on the topic of bubbles in front of posts...

 

1.  What color bubbles are there?

2.  What do the bubbles and colors signify?

Garden Start 01/11/2015. photo costcoamexchip_zps3a781f9d.png photo greenemv_zps23c675fd.jpg photo chaseemv_zpsed238ae0.jpg photo doublecash_zps3421657b.jpg photo arrival_zps66de46b3.jpg photo bankamericard_zps1caf2fc1.png photo slate_zpsaa8b71b8.jpg
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,652
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...


indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello All...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that starts reading a post, and after a while realize the thing is over a year old or more...lol. Now...the rationale is that if the original post is interesting, why not revive it? The problem is that credit is an ever-changing topic, and the answers that were valid in 2009 may be totally wrong today. So...I was thinking that a different color bubble in front of an old post...the cut-off age of which would be decided by myFICO, would warn everyone that it is an old(er) post before we take the time to answer it as if it were new. I hardly ever notice the dates of posts until I get to the end...lol...:smileyembarrassed:! Thanks as always for any input or comments. I'd like credit for this, if it is implemented...LLOOLL!!


This was addressed a few weeks ago in the Smorgass section, I've asked the same question to the MODs and here was the reply:

 

Administrator
KaLin
Posts: 534
Registered: ‎03-24-2010
 
Re: Mark all as read

yudeology101 wrote:

Actually I have one-   Is there a way that the MODs can either change the color of the subject lines or something else to alert old threads that are 1+ year & up? 


Unfortunately, no.  That would take a development change in the core software platform to do something like that.  It's not a setting controlled by the mods or admins at this point.

 

 

You can read the whole thread here:

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Mark-all-as-read/td-p/2826089

 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Moderator
Posts: 26,770
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...


Boragard wrote:

While we are on the topic of bubbles in front of posts...

 

1.  What color bubbles are there?  bubbles are red or gray

2.  What do the bubbles and colors signify? red denotes a popularly viewed thread


 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 325
Registered: ‎10-04-2013
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

[ Edited ]

09Lexie wrote:

Boragard wrote:

While we are on the topic of bubbles in front of posts...

 

1.  What color bubbles are there?  bubbles are red or gray

2.  What do the bubbles and colors signify? red denotes a popularly viewed thread


 


so what does the gray signify?

 

and the little + in the corner?

 

 

Garden Start 01/11/2015. photo costcoamexchip_zps3a781f9d.png photo greenemv_zps23c675fd.jpg photo chaseemv_zpsed238ae0.jpg photo doublecash_zps3421657b.jpg photo arrival_zps66de46b3.jpg photo bankamericard_zps1caf2fc1.png photo slate_zpsaa8b71b8.jpg
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,926
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

[ Edited ]

Then just make it so you can't post to a thread that is more than 6 months old.

 

You can always post a link to the old thread in a new post, so its not an unreasonable restriction.  Its rediculous that people use the search feature and start posting corrections to a post from around 2008. Of course the info is out of date, its not 2008, its now 2014. 

 

Unless of course, they never implement any restriction on reviving old posts. in which case, hello to everyone in the year 2020...


Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,137
Registered: ‎02-03-2013
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

If you hold the pointer over the bubble it tells you what it is





Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 721 EQ 719 EX 717 Last Update 8/2014
Garden Club 04/10/2013 (Goal 2015 or Longer)




Valued Contributor
Posts: 4,530
Registered: ‎01-04-2014
0

Re: Old Thread Alert Bubble Needed...

Heh. Good idea.

I inadvertently have Congrats on some of those that new members dredged up over year or two old.

Only realized it when a senior member posted OLD THREAD ALERT in bold n blue shortly thereafter. I concentrate on content in discussion and easily can miss it.
|

It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}