OldNavy CLI

tag
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: OldNavy CLI

@LS2982 wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

What's your CL on ON? And is there is a particular reason you want so many CLIs? I've only requested about 3 in 5 years but that's because my initial CL was $300.

If you read the post, I did not ask for the CLI. It is automatically granted to me. They increased it from $1600 to $2400

I think his reply was for me. My CL is $300 and i've improved my credit enough to deserve at least 1 CLI.

Thanks for clarifying LS that my question was addressed to you. Concorde, there was no need to say "if you read the post" when I clearly did. I even congratulated you on your CLI.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 11 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Have you ever made a late payment on your ONC? What are your limits like on your other cards? ON tends to mimic what you other accounts look like. When my accounts started having CLI to around $1K, I noticed my ON CL rising to that same limit. Once I graduated from college and improved my credit and income, my CLs increased across the board. Now my CL is in the same ballpark as my other cards.

@I have no late payments on any cards. I think all of my banks are waiting to see who increases 1st, my highest line is $750 besides my firestone card @ $1200.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

How long have you had the ONC? Maybe if requesting a CLI online isn't working, then call to complain about the lack of CLI. I did that once and I didn't get the CLI right away but I did get it within the next couple of months.

Message 13 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

How long have you had the ONC? Maybe if requesting a CLI online isn't working, then call to complain about the lack of CLI. I did that once and I didn't get the CLI right away but I did get it within the next couple of months.

I'm gonna pay down all my CC's at the end of Jan. then call in.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Sounds like a good plan. CCCs check your credit reports every month to see what your other accounts are looking like. One month Chase (when I had them) saw my other cards were nearing being maxed out, so they slashed my CL. There was also a bit of identity mix up with my credit report being mixed up with another person with my name but all of that contributed to my CL being cut. Once you get your CCs paid down, that should make a pretty good case for a CLI, I would think.

Message 15 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

Sounds like a good plan. CCCs check your credit reports every month to see what your other accounts are looking like. One month Chase (when I had them) saw my other cards were nearing being maxed out, so they slashed my CL. There was also a bit of identity mix up with my credit report being mixed up with another person with my name but all of that contributed to my CL being cut. Once you get your CCs paid down, that should make a pretty good case for a CLI, I would think.

Either that or I make a good case for the shredder Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 19
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Of all my cards,  I've received the most CLIs from Banana Republic (other cards are Ochard and Capital One). I don't think my BR card is different from the Old Navy or Gap cards...

I opened a BR store card in March 2011, they gave me a $300 credit limit. After 4 months, they increased my limit to $1000 automatically. I think it helped that I was using the card a lot (and paying off balances in full). I received an email 3-4 months after that indicating that I was pre-approved for the BR Visa, so I applied and was approved for a $3000 limit. They automatically closed the store-only version though, which kind of sucks in the short-term. 

Overall, I'm really happy w/ BR (Old Navy/Gap/BR). Interest rates are crazy but if you PIF, no biggie. So many coupons for BR/Gap/Old Navy, too. Love it. 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 17 of 19
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

Of all my cards,  I've received the most CLIs from Banana Republic (other cards are Ochard and Capital One). I don't think my BR card is different from the Old Navy or Gap cards...

I opened a BR store card in March 2011, they gave me a $300 credit limit. After 4 months, they increased my limit to $1000 automatically. I think it helped that I was using the card a lot (and paying off balances in full). I received an email 3-4 months after that indicating that I was pre-approved for the BR Visa, so I applied and was approved for a $3000 limit. They automatically closed the store-only version though, which kind of sucks in the short-term. 

Overall, I'm really happy w/ BR (Old Navy/Gap/BR). Interest rates are crazy but if you PIF, no biggie. So many coupons for BR/Gap/Old Navy, too. Love it. 

Wow, that's pretty awesome in terms of the CLIs. I got the card right before I started college so my $300 CL did go up a bit but it did not grow by leaps and bounds like yours. Congrats on the new BR Visa. I plan on taking advantage of the benefits of my ON Visa when it arrives. PIF is the way to go with these cards because the interest rate is ridiculous.

Message 18 of 19
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Got an email from OldNavy card that I got a CLI. I checked the account and the increased it from 1600 to 2400. I did not even ask for it.

Very nice! Congrats!!

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.