Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ollo - Another New Credit Card Company - Invite Only

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Ollo - Another New Credit Card Company - Invite Only

Rebuilder without 36.6% APR, no thanks? Cedit One take me away! Smiley LOL

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 21 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not much of a rebuilder considering I just applied for the rewards card and was instantly denied. CareCredit 1500$, Kohl's Cash 300$, Cap1 Spark Classic 600$, Cap1 secured Platinum $500, Cap1 Quicksilver rewards 1550$....No late or missed payments, utilization below 30%, Debt to Income less than 5%, one charge off 5+ years ago (irony: it's Cap1). Thought this card would be an excellent fit for me, but clearly I was wrong with my CK scores at 666 and 643.
Message 22 of 88
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Unless it's C+P default, can't see a use for it other than it's target market of rebuilding people who happen to be transactors or can't come up with the security deposit for a decent secured card: no forex, $0 AF, and MC doesn't exactly suck as a base package if it is targetted towards rebuilders when it comes to a minimalist travel card.  Depending on UW standard, their rewards package isn't out of line with the BOFA secured card w/123 tacked onto it with a similar AF though outsized APR compared to said BOFA secured.

That said, if it is C+P default, it's only the second card suite on the market to my knowledge that's an MC/zero forex that is available currently, which would be something of a useful trick.

        
Message 23 of 88
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

I'll stick with Amex BCE...which you could get with a thin profile. 

No cashback for gas

but 3% on groceries, compared ot 2% here.

2% at drug stores, matching this card.

And no AF.

Oh and a lower APR. Smiley Very Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 24 of 88
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Mid American has other card products which are in line with Credit One, First Premier, and other high fee, APR, etc cards.  I think this is just a step up from that level aimed at the CapOne market individuals who are at the second stage of rebuilding.  First stage being secured cards or high fee cards.

They offer other cards such as The Milestone MasterCard, First Access Visa, and the Total Visa.  All of which have high fees.

Basically they are like Applied Bank and CapOne together.  (Applied, CreditOne, First Premier, and Cross Country all can be grouped in the same tier.  Cross Country, while not in existence today may be remembered by many.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 25 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

EXCUSE YOU, Credit One is only 29.6%..FIRST PREMIER is 37%! Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 88
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

EXCUSE YOU, Credit One is only 29.6%..FIRST PREMIER is 37%! Smiley LOL

Interesting. My CreditOne is only 19.9.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 27 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

This new entry certainly will not threaten the Oregon Community Credit Union with the Beaver or Duck Cards Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 88
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

Ollo Platinum -  https://www.ollocard.com/Platinum-Card

• No annual fee
  • Automatic credit line increase reviews
  • Free FICO® Score available online
  • No over the limit fees
  • No returned payment fees
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No rate hike when you make a late payment
  • Zero Fraud Liability
    protects you against unauthorized purchases
  • 24/7 U.S. based customer service
    comes standard
  • Fast, easy online and mobile access
    so you can manage your account from anywhere
  • At this time, Ollo products are offered by invitation only.
  • Ollo Platinum Product Pricing Information: The standard Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is a variable rate, currently 24.99%. Annual Fee: $0. Fees for Cash Advances: 5% or $10, whichever is greater. Fees for Balance Transfers: 4% or $5, whichever is greater. Minimum interest charge: $1.50. Accounts subject to credit approval. Pricing may vary; see your solicitation for specific rates and fees associated with your offer.

Ollo Rewards - https://www.ollocard.com/Rewards-Card

• 2% cash back
    on all gas station, grocery store and drugstore purchases
  • 1% cash back
    on all other purchases
  • $39 annual fee
  • No over the limit fees
  • No returned payment fees
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No rate hike when you make a late payment
  • Zero Fraud Liability
    protects you against unauthorized purchases
  • 24/7 U.S. based customer service
    comes standard
  • Fast, easy online and mobile access
    so you can manage your account from anywhere
  • At this time, Ollo products are offered by invitation only.
  • Ollo Rewards Product Pricing Information: The standard Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is a variable rate, currently 24.99%. Annual Fee: $39. Fees for Cash Advances: 5% or $10, whichever is greater. Fees for Balance Transfers: 4% or $5, whichever is greater. Minimum interest charge: $1.50. Accounts subject to credit approval. Pricing may vary; see your solicitation for specific rates and fees associated with your offer.

The Ollo MasterCard® is serviced by Ollo Card Services, and issued by Mid America Bank & Trust Company; Member FDIC under license from MasterCard® International

Doesn't look good to me.

Very high interest.

Very high balance transfer fees.

Very high cash advance fees.

Who needs another card like that?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 29 of 88
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

The standard Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is a variable rate, currently 24.99%. Annual Fee: $39. Fees for Cash Advances: 5% or $10, whichever is greater. Fees for Balance Transfers: 4% or $5, whichever is greater. Minimum interest charge: $1.50.

Perhaps as a rebuilder, but otherwise the "cost" is pretty high across the board.

Message 30 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.