Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Chase Freedom Signature Reporting

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

On Chase Freedom Signature Reporting

Hi all,

My Chase Freedom Visa was recently upgraded to a Visa Signature card. I understand that my limit is now considered "soft" and that I may be allowed to charge over my limit on a case-by-case basis. I am wondering what the consensus is on how this card reports to the bureaus. I was told by the Executive Office that the limit DOES report, however I am unsure if any balance will be factored into utilization.

Do any of you have experience with this card specifically and how it reports?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Re: On Chase Freedom Signature Reporting

@SwampSystems wrote:

Hi all,

My Chase Freedom Visa was recently upgraded to a Visa Signature card. I understand that my limit is now considered "soft" and that I may be allowed to charge over my limit on a case-by-case basis. I am wondering what the consensus is on how this card reports to the bureaus. I was told by the Executive Office that the limit DOES report, however I am unsure if any balance will be factored into utilization.

Do any of you have experience with this card specifically and how it reports?

It will both report a limit and factor into your utilization
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 2 of 7
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

+1  My card reports both ways also.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 7
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

How long until they PC'ed your card to a signature? They told me I had to wait till I've had the card for 1 year...?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 4 of 7
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

How long until they PC'ed your card to a signature? They told me I had to wait till I've had the card for 1 year...?

Approximately 20 months. Only recently got a CLI from $1500 to $4500 through recon and then bumped up to $5000 signature through the executive office.

EDIT: If it helps, my justification for the increase was that I wanted to ditch Capital One and transfer all balances to my Freedom card. Chase was sending me 12-month 0% BT checks every 2 weeks that I couldn't really take advantage of with such a small tradeline. Manual review during recon showed that such an increase would be sufficient to transfer all balances.

Message 5 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

How long did you have the card? Was it HP?

Message 6 of 7
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

How long did you have the card? Was it HP?

Approximately 20 months. Found a HP on EQ and some SPs on EX and TU. I believe the HP was from an initial request (denied) and the SPs were from recon and the exec office.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.