cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On my way to a GREAT credit card line up!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: On my way to a GREAT credit card line up!!

Why not apply for Blue now? If you got declined, it would be just a soft pull

Message 11 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Great line up. Can't wait till I'm in a position to get some of those cards. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 19
Carbon44
Contributor

I don't think you can pc from a charge card to a credit card with Amex so the OP does not have that option, but if I am wrong correct me and I learned something new.
Chase Sapphire Preferred (Visa Signature), Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover IT, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, American Express Zync
Message 13 of 19
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Carbon44 wrote:
I don't think you can pc from a charge card to a credit card with Amex so the OP does not have that option, but if I am wrong correct me and I learned something new.

Im not too sure either. If so that would be great. But even still the Zync is a good card, if the rewards dont appeal to you though the BCP with 6% groceries is great in itself.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I do not think a zync card can be covered to a BCP but I can always ask and my plan was also to downgrade the CSP to a regular CS at the end of the year to counter the AF for the BCP. I will use the BCP more then I will ever the CSP. But thanks for all the advice and comments guys!

Message 15 of 19
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

I didn't see that you were planning to convert to the Blue Cash Preferred... I would just stick with the standard Blue Cash card as it has no annual fee. I'm opposed to paying annual fees in general and according to Consumer Reports, you have to rack up some pretty large purchases by the end of the year to make the points you get worth the annual fee.

Message 16 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@Carbon44 wrote:

Right, with Amex one can't product change from a charge card to revolving credit card.  

In addition, it is very rare (I've only read of a few with extenuating circumstances) for a product change requested to be granted for the Zync.  Personally, I've never known of a successful product change with a Zync, but have only read from some claims from a few posts asserting this is possible.  However, I wouldn't count on upgrading the Zync card.

For the OP, you're better off making a new app for the blue cards cards since it'll make you eligible for the sign up bonus and 12 month 0% financing promo.  More often than not, affiliate sites will have links offering a higher sign up perk than can be found on Amex's site.

Message 17 of 19
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@OptimalFICO wrote:

I didn't see that you were planning to convert to the Blue Cash Preferred... I would just stick with the standard Blue Cash card as it has no annual fee. I'm opposed to paying annual fees in general and according to Consumer Reports, you have to rack up some pretty large purchases by the end of the year to make the points you get worth the annual fee.

I'm usually allergic to annual fees as well unless it's financially advantageous for me. As for the BCP vs. BCE, you get 6% on groceries vs. 3% so if you spend more than about $205/month or so on groceries, the math says you're better off paying the fee and getting the increased rewards.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 19
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

Good to know. I put all my monthly expenses on mine, so I it the elevated cash back level pretty early in the year and then earn 5% cash back on groceries, gas and drugstore purchases with no annual fee so it works for me :-)

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.