cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On scale 1-10 rate my credit card lineup?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card lineup?

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you have a great lineup and based on your posts, you are not the type who wants a lot of cards.  So I'd let these age...

Yes that was me couple months ago. But now I am changing.

Eh?  That was a good decision / choice to have.. Why the sudden change if you don't mind me asking?  What are your current needs?

I been on these forums alot these days that would be the biggest reason. Second reason is alots of my friends can't get approved even for a $1,000 Capital One. That makes me feel I should take what I can get. Make me feel better LOL. My monthly spend is still kind of low. Mostly gas, food, and department store shopping.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you have a great lineup and based on your posts, you are not the type who wants a lot of cards.  So I'd let these age...

Eh?  That was a good decision / choice to have.. Why the sudden change if you don't mind me asking?  What are your current needs?

I been on these forums alot these days that would be the biggest reason. Second reason is alots of my friends can't get approved even for a $1,000 Capital One. That makes me feel I should take what I can get. Make me feel better LOL. My monthly spend is still kind of low. Mostly gas, food, and department store shopping.

If food is a larger category for you then you could benefit from something to address that.  With Chase out of the question the next best option besides AARP I think would be PayPal Extras at ~2.5% CB on dining.  Discover would also cover dining at 5% at least part of the year. 

I'm assuming "food" means dining, if it means grocery stores then you've got it covered with Sallie.

Yes I did mean Dining. My wife recently got CSP. I was thinking to become a AU.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card lineup?

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If food is a larger category for you then you could benefit from something to address that.  With Chase out of the question the next best option besides AARP I think would be PayPal Extras at ~2.5% CB on dining.  Discover would also cover dining at 5% at least part of the year. 

I'm assuming "food" means dining, if it means grocery stores then you've got it covered with Sallie.

Yes I did mean Dining. My wife recently got CSP. I was thinking to become a AU.

Message 12 of 27
gmason
Contributor

Re: On scale 1-10 rate my credit card lineup?

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed Chapter 7 BK back in 06/2007.  Just wanted to know what does the members here think about my credit lineup? Scale 1-10. If something needs to improve suggestions are welcomed.

@Anonymous, I filed BK7 in 08/2005 and Chase had bought out something that was included in the BK, so they were tough. But after 3 recon phone calls, they approved a Freedom for $2500 back in April 2013 so < 8 years out of BK7. As for Amex, they gave me a green card in April 2013, which then let me soft pull to try for a BCP. I wish I had tried for PRG, but was so happy to be in the door at amex.

So, I think Chase has the best cards. I would try calling multiple times for recon and just ask to be given a chance. With Chase, I applied for IHG last October for my second Chase card, had to call in, and they immediately gave me the card. I'll get a CSP later this year when I'm ready and have spend ready.

As for Amex, I think that a charge card is the way to get in and then you can soft pull to test for revolvers. And since getting in with Amex, they have been very generous for CLIs, etc. The EDP is now my main card with all family members contributing MR points. Also, for the EDP, additional users seem to always be included in the 30 transactions per month, so I hit that easily.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmason wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed Chapter 7 BK back in 06/2007.  Just wanted to know what does the members here think about my credit lineup? Scale 1-10. If something needs to improve suggestions are welcomed.

@Anonymous, I filed BK7 in 08/2005 and Chase had bought out something that was included in the BK, so they were tough. But after 3 recon phone calls, they approved a Freedom for $2500 back in April 2013 so < 8 years out of BK7. As for Amex, they gave me a green card in April 2013, which then let me soft pull to try for a BCP. I wish I had tried for PRG, but was so happy to be in the door at amex.

So, I think Chase has the best cards. I would try calling multiple times for recon and just ask to be given a chance. With Chase, I applied for IHG last October for my second Chase card, had to call in, and they immediately gave me the card. I'll get a CSP later this year when I'm ready and have spend ready.

As for Amex, I think that a charge card is the way to get in and then you can soft pull to test for revolvers. And since getting in with Amex, they have been very generous for CLIs, etc. The EDP is now my main card with all family members contributing MR points. Also, for the EDP, additional users seem to always be included in the 30 transactions per month, so I hit that easily.

I tried to get Amex on 03/29 instantly declined. I called over 5 times to recon the Chase app. When I called first time they said decline was due to BK. When I explain my BK is almost 8 years old then they come up with different lame excuses. Might not be lame for them since I burned them LOL but they should not change their declined reason.

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 11.37.29 PM.png

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

Message 15 of 27
ddemari
Super Contributor

Are you against a store card?

you have a great line up! Maybe a cobranded wal-mart mastercard, or if u like any of synchs stores like gap old navy banana, the synch cobranded visas are nice for store rewards but they always promos like for dinning out etc and synch will grow. 

im personally like the ebay mastercard right now an odd duck im finding some use in. 

Message 16 of 27
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gmason wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to get Amex on 03/29 instantly declined. I called over 5 times to recon the Chase app. When I called first time they said decline was due to BK. When I explain my BK is almost 8 years old then they come up with different lame excuses. Might not be lame for them since I burned them LOL but they should not change their declined reason.

I'm thinking you should stop app'ng for the BCE, lol. 

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 17 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gmason wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm thinking you should stop app'ng for the BCE, lol. 

I can understand trying in November and December, but why two times in the same month? 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not bad.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm going with a 7. You have some very good cards there, but also some cards that I don't see the need for. There are also some that you might think about adding. If you've burned Chase and Amex, what about Discover? IT might fill a need for you. 

However, it is by no means a bad lineup of cards. You have some top-notch cards there and should be proud of the lineup. If you think that your needs are met, then it is a great lineup and you're set. 

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.