Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the importance of having a recent balance

tag
sponge_gto
New Contributor

On the importance of having a recent balance

Late in July I have secretly basked in the glory of a CSP pre-qual which I plan to take up soon as my travel plans become finalized. Come August, I jumped the gun on one too many credit card payments and ended up with no balance across all accounts as of the 12th. In a couple of days' time my CSP pre-qual promptly disappeared! I couldn't be sure it was due to my lack of any revolving balance so I held my breath as one card reported a small balance on the 19th. Today (22nd) the pre-qual is back!

To think I am so close to the borderline that the lack of a balance could knock me right back to pre-deny-land Smiley Tongue Just a friendly reminder to everyone to leave a balance on one card if possible!

Amex: EDP, Platinum, SPG, Delta Gold; Chase: United no-AF, CSR, FU, IHG, Freedom; US Bank: Club Carlson Premier, Fidelity; Barclay: Rewards, SM; Discover: IT; Cap. One: Quicksilver; BoA: BBR; Consumers CU: Cash Rebates Siggy
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.