Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnPoint CU Visa Variable APR

tag
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

OnPoint CU Visa Variable APR

I want to get a CC with my credit union, OnPoint. The variable is 5.99 to maybe 15.99. Is there anyway to know if i will get the lowest rate as I don't really want the card with a higher APR than 5.99. I want it as my emergency card in case of a large expense. Thanks my FICO is around 740-760 on any given month.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OnPoint CU Visa Variable APR

@cottoncrown wrote:
I want to get a CC with my credit union, OnPoint. The variable is 5.99 to maybe 15.99. Is there anyway to know if i will get the lowest rate as I don't really want the card with a higher APR than 5.99. I want it as my emergency card in case of a large expense. Thanks my FICO is around 740-760 on any given month.

You won't know until you apply.  No one can tell you beforehand.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It'd be so nice to have a permanent or at least tied to prime LOW rate card such as this for the occasional "Can't PIF right now", so I don't have to app anything or use a BT.

Message 3 of 8
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Yes it would nice! I Also bank with them so I will probably be apping for a mortgage at some point and might be nice to have loan history with them
Message 4 of 8
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It'd be so nice to have a permanent or at least tied to prime LOW rate card such as this for the occasional "Can't PIF right now", so I don't have to app anything or use a BT.

You might be interested in the Coastal FCU Big Ticket Card. (0% APR for 6 months for purchases and BT over $600; no BT fee; not an intro offer)

Check out the below thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Coastal-Federal-Credit-Union/m-p/3683934/

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You might be interested in the Coastal FCU Big Ticket Card. (0% APR for 6 months for purchases and BT over $600; no BT fee; not an intro offer)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Coastal-Federal-Credit-Union/m-p/3683934/

Actually, This indeed IS interesting. Smiley Happy

That standard APR though is a little scary. Hopefully the Interest isn't retroactive if you don't pay it off in 6mos.

Message 6 of 8
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That standard APR though is a little scary. Hopefully the Interest isn't retroactive if you don't pay it off in 6mos.

The interest is not retroactive.

• Unlike store cards, no interest accumulates during the interest-free period. After 6 months, interest charges are assessed on the remaining unpaid balance only
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The interest is not retroactive.

• Unlike store cards, no interest accumulates during the interest-free period. After 6 months, interest charges are assessed on the remaining unpaid balance only

I wonder how usable the SL might be and what kind of credit requirements they have... Hmm.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.