Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnStar...GM

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

OnStar...GM

Hello for rewards purposes does anyone know what OnStar service codes as on Visa/MC auto? telecommunications? security systems?

Anyone know? I would be most grateful as I need to pay it and what the heck want rewards.....I have the standard 2% But have some 5% depending on what it is considered by CC.....    Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: OnStar...GM

On my chase visa card it codes as a utility
Message 2 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:
On my chase visa card it codes as a utility

Thanks Jason!!

Message 3 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Since I can't think of a utilities rewards CC I guess I just found a reason to use my GM Buy Power card and get 5% for paying for OnStar...

Message 4 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It codes as Telecom Services on my Capital One MasterCard.

Message 5 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

It codes as Telecom Services on my Capital One MasterCard.

Heaven, now you've thrown a wrench in my plans!  LOL

Message 6 of 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Since I can't think of a utilities rewards CC I guess I just found a reason to use my GM Buy Power card and get 5% for paying for OnStar...

There is a credit card that you can get 5 % on utility Smiley Happy    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/5-Utilities-including-Cable-Cell-Phone-Internet-Vantage...

Message 7 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

There is a credit card that you can get 5 % on utility Smiley Happy    http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/5-Utilities-including-Cable-Cell-Phone-Internet-Vantage...

Ah yes the "Yellow Card" Thanks for the reminder Joe! I think I will pass on getting this one, looks like WAY TO MUCH TROUBLE to get, the joining a group, and paying for it, then joining a credit union and putting money in a savings, THEN applying, and what happens when they don't approve your app? That is too long a process and, for all the work you do, too risky for an approval....BUT you are CORRECT it does give 5% for the lucky ones who go through the process and finally get it!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

BuyPower Card it codes as Phone/Cable.

Message 9 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BuyPower Card it codes as Phone/Cable.

thanks Bud!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.