cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once again, a successful recon with Juniper Bank.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again, a successful recon with Juniper Bank.....

So, I decided to try and ask for a cli on my US airways card since it has been about 8 months.  Yah, I know it cost me a hard inquiry but I spend a lot on my US Airways card for traveling, and wanted to keep my utilization percentage low (cl is $5,000).  The First analyst took about 5 minutes to look over my account and said that my payment history with Juniper Bank is great but they would like to see me use more of my $5000 limit before increasing my line.  I said "wait a minute, my goal of increasing this cl is to lower my utilization".  The analyst then said sorry sir there is nothing I can do.  Sooo, I thought about it for a minute and decided that if they were going to cost me a hard inquiry, that I would try just a little bit more to get my limit increased.  I called back again and said "I don't understand why I can't be trusted with a higher line when I am a lower risk as I pay way more than the monthly minimum, and have had a solid two year history with three different cards.  The analyst said " I don't know why the previous analyst denied your request but I will honor your request.  Your new limit is $7500".
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Once again, a successful recon with Juniper Bank.....

Great perseverance! Congrats!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Once again, a successful recon with Juniper Bank.....

Good work!

"No" is not a final answer, only the beginning of a new strategy.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.