Contributor
rjkl

Once again, a successful recon with Juniper Bank.....

So, I decided to try and ask for a cli on my US airways card since it has been about 8 months.  Yah, I know it cost me a hard inquiry but I spend a lot on my US Airways card for traveling, and wanted to keep my utilization percentage low (cl is $5,000).  The First analyst took about 5 minutes to look over my account and said that my payment history with Juniper Bank is great but they would like to see me use more of my $5000 limit before increasing my line.  I said "wait a minute, my goal of increasing this cl is to lower my utilization".  The analyst then said sorry sir there is nothing I can do.  Sooo, I thought about it for a minute and decided that if they were going to cost me a hard inquiry, that I would try just a little bit more to get my limit increased.  I called back again and said "I don't understand why I can't be trusted with a higher line when I am a lower risk as I pay way more than the monthly minimum, and have had a solid two year history with three different cards.  The analyst said " I don't know why the previous analyst denied your request but I will honor your request.  Your new limit is $7500".
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Once again, a successful recon with Juniper Bank.....

Great perseverance! Congrats!
Frequent Contributor
illtakecreditforthat

Re: Once again, a successful recon with Juniper Bank.....

Good work!

"No" is not a final answer, only the beginning of a new strategy.

I want PATIENCE...and I want it NOW

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}